Authentic Jeans Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
I jsut read this on CNN
Father shot himself, wife, mom-in-law and then 3 sons...so horrible.
Financial issues so he killed the whole family? No signs of struggle? it doesnt add up.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
most of these people are nothing without their 8 figure bank accounts. Just like all the people who jumped off buildings during the last depression. Many people have screwed up priorities.

Killing the mother in law and wife leads me to believe they probably mentally abused the husband for losing tons of money in the market or whatever, until he became insane and killed the whole family.

crazy stuff.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
there was a similar case in UK not long ago, they even shot the dogs and horses :( (and burned the house down)

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
This is so sad. I read the story on CNN too. His family did not deserve it even if he was financially stressed to the max:shake

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
most of these people are nothing without their 8 figure bank accounts. Just like all the people who jumped off buildings during the last depression. Many people have screwed up priorities.

Killing the mother in law and wife leads me to believe they probably mentally abused the husband for losing tons of money in the market or whatever, until he became insane and killed the whole family.

crazy stuff.
Interesting reasoning. Who knows if that was the case.
I am still curious as to how there was no struggle (didn't other people in the home HEAR the shots??) I also wonder who was shot first, 2nd, 3rd...I want to know that as well. Was it done at night? I think I read Saturday night?

SO first people shoot themselves and their mortgages are absolved. So if they are renting, they just kill 'em all? It's jsut insane right now.

·
Registered
567 Posts
This case reminds of a paper I did on John List for my forensics class he did the same thing to his family because he said rather see them dead then to be poor :(

·
Registered
3,965 Posts

crazy stuff.
lol, they harangued themselves to death?:roll

·
Registered
23,935 Posts
That is just flatout ignorant
ITA. Poor people do this, too. It has nothing to do with someone's wealth. This man was a selfish bastard. Plain. Simple. What a horrible tragedy.:shake

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I don't find this suprising at all. Some people can easily feel incredibly overwhelmed by financial debt that they believe this is the only way out. I would bet my bank account that this family probably lived a good life beyond their means and just the thought of admitting to everyone that the family was broke was an unimaginable horror. When I was younger a family up the street from me was very wealthy, had all flashy cars, best clothes, always doing renovations to the house, etc. and then the father tragically died in a car accident. The wife (who was totally naive or just willfully dense) suddenly found out they were so deep in debt because the husband never told her and just keep charging everything to keep up the lifestyle. They had to sell off like everything they owned. So sad but yeah, the "keeping up with the Jonses" syndrome can be devastating...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts