HOW TO Fold, and SHIP Jeans in FLAT RATE Envelope - Page 8 - AuthenticForum
 
AuthenticForum
  Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Chat Mark Forums Read Advertise  
Register

 
 
Rules, Suggestions, Helpful Reference Threads Please note the rules! Have a suggestion or concern? Helpful reference threads (authentic and fake stores and sellers, eBay/Paypal info & more)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #176 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2009, 01:54 PM
**fancy**pants**'s Avatar
William Rast Expert Asst.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eugene/Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 24,039
Feedback: (165)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_alligator View Post
Can somebody post step by step folding methods with pictures? I always have the hardest time fitting jeans into those flat rate envelopes without them being bulky and I ALWAYS need tape. But whenever I get packages from fellow AFers, I notice they are so smooth and flat...please somebody show a step by step process of folding!
I have some pics somewhere. I once took pics to show how to fold and ship TWO pairs of jeans in a flat rate but I never got around to making a tutorial on them. I will try to find them when I get back from vacation.
__________________
~Amber~
Fancy Pants Resell & Consignment
'Like Me' on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #177 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,515
Feedback: (88)
2 pairs? I'm impressed and curious. Have a great trip Amber
__________________
Wants-WR Belle In Dark Line 27 TR SS Rainbow SLV 29 TR Joey LUXE 27
Reply With Quote
  #178 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2009, 02:27 PM
igawtscammed's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 9,644
Feedback: (181)
I got 2 pairs in today (size 24) without using tape, because apparently at the post office near my work is where the "mail nazi" works.
One of the employees called her that when I came in with my untaped flat rates, angry that I use those clear plastic envelopes to affix the shipping label to the package.
If I taped them on there they wouldnt let me mail them, and then when I use the plastic envelopes that still isn't good enough.
Reply With Quote
  #179 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2009, 02:57 PM
luvapup's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 32,339
Feedback: (108)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_alligator View Post
Can somebody post step by step folding methods with pictures? I always have the hardest time fitting jeans into those flat rate envelopes without them being bulky and I ALWAYS need tape. But whenever I get packages from fellow AFers, I notice they are so smooth and flat...please somebody show a step by step process of folding!
Look at the first post in this thread.
There are pictures there.

PS you are allowed to use tape.
Print out the DMM.
It says it plainly, no matter what any PS Employee tells you, you can show them the DMM.
__________________

See my Ebay Store, NEW Items now appearing! NEW TR Casey, Suede, Floral, Snakeskin and more!!
Reply With Quote
  #180 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,515
Feedback: (88)
Quote:
Originally Posted by igawtscammed View Post
I got 2 pairs in today (size 24) without using tape, because apparently at the post office near my work is where the "mail nazi" works.
One of the employees called her that when I came in with my untaped flat rates, angry that I use those clear plastic envelopes to affix the shipping label to the package.
If I taped them on there they wouldnt let me mail them, and then when I use the plastic envelopes that still isn't good enough.
I printed the DMM and highlighted the section that says you can put tape on the envelope and you can use tape to reinforce it. Ive had to present it on a couple of occasions but not the past 2 times Ive been to the PO.
__________________
Wants-WR Belle In Dark Line 27 TR SS Rainbow SLV 29 TR Joey LUXE 27
Reply With Quote
  #181 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2009, 12:30 AM
**fancy**pants**'s Avatar
William Rast Expert Asst.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eugene/Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 24,039
Feedback: (165)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farris2 View Post
2 pairs? I'm impressed and curious. Have a great trip Amber
Quote:
Originally Posted by igawtscammed View Post
I got 2 pairs in today (size 24) without using tape, because apparently at the post office near my work is where the "mail nazi" works.
We got mad skillz.

I got in two size 27's.
__________________
~Amber~
Fancy Pants Resell & Consignment
'Like Me' on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #182 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 AM
islandbaby's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,973
Feedback: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farris2 View Post
2 pairs? I'm impressed and curious. Have a great trip Amber
Quote:
Originally Posted by igawtscammed View Post
I got 2 pairs in today (size 24) without using tape, because apparently at the post office near my work is where the "mail nazi" works.
One of the employees called her that when I came in with my untaped flat rates, angry that I use those clear plastic envelopes to affix the shipping label to the package.
If I taped them on there they wouldnt let me mail them, and then when I use the plastic envelopes that still isn't good enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by **fancy**pants** View Post
We got mad skillz.

I got in two size 27's.
yup yup! totally possible!! i shipped 2 pairs as well, size 28 R&R's and a size 30COH to Andromeda (sunshine2103)
__________________
Trish
Reply With Quote
  #183 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Flitting about the midwest
Posts: 21,191
Feedback: (170)
Quote:
Originally Posted by igawtscammed View Post
I got 2 pairs in today (size 24) without using tape, because apparently at the post office near my work is where the "mail nazi" works.
One of the employees called her that when I came in with my untaped flat rates, angry that I use those clear plastic envelopes to affix the shipping label to the package.
If I taped them on there they wouldnt let me mail them, and then when I use the plastic envelopes that still isn't good enough.


Luckily both POs here at school have APCs, so I just print the postage online and drop the packages off in the parcel chute...never have to deal with a postal worker. for Express I just drop and run (have never had to ship 2 pairs in one Express envelope just yet, though). I just stuffed 2 shortish inseam 27s in a flat rate priority...had to tape the tyvek down because I'd folded them a little funny, but got em in the envelope just fine!

Also, Amber...we can has 2-pair guide? :
Reply With Quote
  #184 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Dojoqueen's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 36,827
Feedback: (101)
How the HELL are you guys getting two pairs in a flatrate? I have been trying for the last 20 minutes and the envelope won't even CLOSE! I folded them like Pam and Joan said...no luck.

Never mind; got it.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
__________________
you buy now

Last edited by Dojoqueen; 03-24-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #185 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2009, 01:12 PM
plastic_alligator's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,105
Feedback: (24)
I know you can use tape but my packages are always bulky and I am afraid they will rip open with shipping. I know there are pictures but I would like step by step pictures of how to fold them.

I iz vizuwal lernur!
__________________

God is LOVE and love is REAL!
Wanted- Manhattan Flynts or sigs (not S2D) size 25/26, GEN Dojos size 25!

Reply With Quote
  #186 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2009, 01:39 PM
luvapup's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 32,339
Feedback: (108)
Just keep folding until they configure properly.
Flat and smooth and key IMO-is prebagging in the tyvek or ziplock.
I know Mike doesn't but I find I fit them easier in the cardboard.

Come on kiddo, you can do it.
Just practice it.
Pam folds differently than I do, and I also use different folding depending on what jeans.
TR with flaps sometimes require a different fold than I use for others.
__________________

See my Ebay Store, NEW Items now appearing! NEW TR Casey, Suede, Floral, Snakeskin and more!!
Reply With Quote
  #187 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2009, 01:58 PM
plastic_alligator's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,105
Feedback: (24)
Thanks Joan! I will keep practicing!
__________________

God is LOVE and love is REAL!
Wanted- Manhattan Flynts or sigs (not S2D) size 25/26, GEN Dojos size 25!

Reply With Quote
  #188 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 366
Feedback: (8)
Is there a DMM or anything for express mail flat rate limitations? I know the link in page 2 only refers to priority mail...

After 3 years, a worker at the same PO I've been going to has said that express mail envelopes can't be that bulky. Pretty lame, even caught a comment that that was the reason they were losing money :/
__________________
http://www.edenimstyles.com
Reply With Quote
  #189 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009, 01:07 PM
plastic_alligator's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,105
Feedback: (24)
I shipped a pair of jeans off yesterday and I did an awesome job! No bulkiness!
__________________

God is LOVE and love is REAL!
Wanted- Manhattan Flynts or sigs (not S2D) size 25/26, GEN Dojos size 25!

Reply With Quote
  #190 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,515
Feedback: (88)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
Is there a DMM or anything for express mail flat rate limitations? I know the link in page 2 only refers to priority mail...

After 3 years, a worker at the same PO I've been going to has said that express mail envelopes can't be that bulky. Pretty lame, even caught a comment that that was the reason they were losing money :/
Both of those envelopes are flat rate,it just depends on if you want priority flat rate or express. Print the DMM and take it with you to the PO when you ship.
__________________
Wants-WR Belle In Dark Line 27 TR SS Rainbow SLV 29 TR Joey LUXE 27
Reply With Quote
  #191 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 366
Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farris2 View Post
Both of those envelopes are flat rate,it just depends on if you want priority flat rate or express. Print the DMM and take it with you to the PO when you ship.
I know, but the DMM is specifically for the priority mail flat rate envelopes. If you look at the priority mail flat rate envelopes themselves, they have the limitations/restrictions specified next to where you would place the mailing label (which actually differs from the DMM).

If you look at the DMM for express mail, there are no limitations specified as with priority mail, and the express mail envelopes themselves don't have any limitations/restrictions printed on them.
__________________
http://www.edenimstyles.com
Reply With Quote
  #192 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:29 PM
treasurehoard's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,102
Feedback: (166)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
Is there a DMM or anything for express mail flat rate limitations? I know the link in page 2 only refers to priority mail...

After 3 years, a worker at the same PO I've been going to has said that express mail envelopes can't be that bulky. Pretty lame, even caught a comment that that was the reason they were losing money :/
Thats BS. The Priority Flat Rate guide is going to be the same as the Express.

As far as "that" being "the" reason they are losing money ... well that is just idiocy. That may be one of many reasons they are losing money. I am sure the BIGGEST reason is that regular mail that uses stamps is being replaced by e-mail, so now their business is becoming more packages and less letters. Their system is freaking antique and they need to pull their heads out of their asses and get with the times.

As far as them saying it can't be that "bulky". Well how bulky can it be? That is freaking vague. Does it need to be flat? NO! It does not. As long as it closes properly it is fine. I would take in a copy of the DMM and tell em to take turns shoving it up their asses.
__________________
AUCTIONSFollow us on TWITTERLike us on FACEBOOKTUMBLR
CONSIGN WITH TREASUREHOARD - Free Pick-Up/Shipping - Low Rates No Fees - PM for details
Reply With Quote
  #193 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:30 PM
treasurehoard's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,102
Feedback: (166)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post

If you look at the DMM for express mail, there are no limitations specified as with priority mail, and the express mail envelopes themselves don't have any limitations/restrictions printed on them.
If there are no limitations or restrictions then you are free to do what ever you want ... I would suggest sticking to the confines of the package with out altering it ... but other than that I would do what ever you do to a flat rate priority envelope ...
__________________
AUCTIONSFollow us on TWITTERLike us on FACEBOOKTUMBLR
CONSIGN WITH TREASUREHOARD - Free Pick-Up/Shipping - Low Rates No Fees - PM for details
Reply With Quote
  #194 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 366
Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurehoard View Post
Thats BS. The Priority Flat Rate guide is going to be the same as the Express.

As far as "that" being "the" reason they are losing money ... well that is just idiocy. That may be one of many reasons they are losing money. I am sure the BIGGEST reason is that regular mail that uses stamps is being replaced by e-mail, so now their business is becoming more packages and less letters. Their system is freaking antique and they need to pull their heads out of their asses and get with the times.

As far as them saying it can't be that "bulky". Well how bulky can it be? That is freaking vague. Does it need to be flat? NO! It does not. As long as it closes properly it is fine. I would take in a copy of the DMM and tell em to take turns shoving it up their asses.

They're lucky it was my girlfriend they talked to as she tried to drop off the packages because I would have thrown a fit. I still plan on going there tomorrow to drop off some packages and hope they try to use that excuse on me...
__________________
http://www.edenimstyles.com
Reply With Quote
  #195 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,515
Feedback: (88)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
I know, but the DMM is specifically for the priority mail flat rate envelopes. If you look at the priority mail flat rate envelopes themselves, they have the limitations/restrictions specified next to where you would place the mailing label (which actually differs from the DMM).

If you look at the DMM for express mail, there are no limitations specified as with priority mail, and the express mail envelopes themselves don't have any limitations/restrictions printed on them.
The only restriction I see(on the priority envelope) is the 4 pound weight limit for international.
__________________
Wants-WR Belle In Dark Line 27 TR SS Rainbow SLV 29 TR Joey LUXE 27
Reply With Quote
  #196 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 366
Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farris2 View Post
The only restriction I see(on the priority envelope) is the 4 pound weight limit for international.
These are what mine say:

"Any amount of mailable material may be enclosed, as long as the envelope is not modified, and the contents are entirely confined within the envelope with the adhesive provided as the means of closure."
__________________
http://www.edenimstyles.com
Reply With Quote
  #197 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
treasurehoard's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,102
Feedback: (166)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief View Post
These are what mine say:

"Any amount of mailable material may be enclosed, as long as the envelope is not modified, and the contents are entirely confined within the envelope with the adhesive provided as the means of closure."
That right there says it all. If you can make it fit you can ship it.

Anyone gives me shit I whip out my DMM and show them where it says I can do what I damn well please ... and then ask them to show me where it says what ever made up shit they are spouting off. i have heard it all ... package must be flat (because it says "flat" rate ... der der der), cannot use tape, cannot be over a certain weight etc etc. However never ever had anyone show me in the DMM where these "rules" are.



Also not to brag or anything but I shipped a XXXL Affliction hoodie in a flat rate the other day. My bro, who is usually pretty good at making it fit, could not make it fit .... so I showed him how a pro does it. I jammed that sucker in there good. The package was super bloated and looked like it could pop out a baby jacket any second but they took it with out any complaints at the post office. The workers there don't mess w/ us at all.
__________________
AUCTIONSFollow us on TWITTERLike us on FACEBOOKTUMBLR
CONSIGN WITH TREASUREHOARD - Free Pick-Up/Shipping - Low Rates No Fees - PM for details
Reply With Quote
  #198 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 14,606
Feedback: (10)
stop bragging mike
I iz jealous of your skillz, I can barely fit one pair of jeans in a flat rate .. but I think I'm getting better!
__________________
Carol
Still Need: (all R&R in a 27) Stellar Green Crowns, Demure Flex, Opal, Quaalude Flaming Hearts, Harlan Deathgrips!
Reply With Quote
  #199 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,515
Feedback: (88)
I still have hard time with thicker pairs but I get them in there somehow.
__________________
Wants-WR Belle In Dark Line 27 TR SS Rainbow SLV 29 TR Joey LUXE 27
Reply With Quote
  #200 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2009, 12:47 AM
plastic_alligator's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,105
Feedback: (24)
I am getting better! Joan explained it best, by pushing all the air out and making it as tight as possible in the tyvek bag. Oh and folding in the crotch is good.
__________________

God is LOVE and love is REAL!
Wanted- Manhattan Flynts or sigs (not S2D) size 25/26, GEN Dojos size 25!

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72