Rooney .. down . - AuthenticForum
 
AuthenticForum
  Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Chat Mark Forums Read Advertise  
Register

 
 
General Discussion Waste away the workday chatting about anything & everything.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 03:08 PM
h20sat's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,682
Feedback: (28)
Rooney .. down .

LOL . I finally taught my pup to go down !



I'm so proud of him ! :
It was so hard to teach him to go down .. my goodness he is stubborn ..
He would just lower his head to stare at the treat for FOREVER !
now ... I need to teach him 'Bang bang !'
Does any one have any suggestions ?!

I couldn't flip the video ... and the video quality is bad .. was recorded on my voyager w / bad lighting ... sorry .
__________________
Vivy wants:
R&R Iradium (23/24) please ?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
dpchemd1's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 8,528
Feedback: (101)
Don't know how to teach my dog any tricks. Cute dog!
__________________
I do not need any new jeans but you do
Check out my stuffs for sale: http://www.bonanza.com/booths/dpchemd1
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 03:20 PM
DarlinAnna's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bawstin!
Posts: 12,018
Feedback: (97)
oh my goodness, that is SUCH a CUUUUUTE dog! is your dog a shih tzu?

and what exactly is supposed to happen when you say "bang bang"? I've never heard that dog command before.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 03:23 PM
h20sat's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,682
Feedback: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpchemd1 View Post
Don't know how to teach my dog any tricks. Cute dog!
LOL . If you have free time you should try it It's quite satisfying .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarlinAnna View Post
oh my goodness, that is SUCH a CUUUUUTE dog! is your dog a shih tzu?

and what exactly is supposed to happen when you say "bang bang"? I've never heard that dog command before.
He's actually a Lhasa apso mixed w / a miniature poodle
When you say bang bang he's supposed to fall over dead like he's been shot ..
Advance bang, bang!
Suddenly you pull your finger out of you "holster" and point at Rover and say BANG! Rover starts to LIMP. Another BANG and Rover starts to CRAWL. Another BANG and Rover PLAYS DEAD.
__________________
Vivy wants:
R&R Iradium (23/24) please ?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 06:35 PM
avatar's Avatar
Drunk Friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: L.E.S. (Artistes)
Posts: 11,408
Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20sat View Post
LOL . I finally taught my pup to go down !

now ... I need to teach him 'Bang bang !'
ew
__________________
cintra wilson is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brody
Larger women eat up designer good with the same ferocity as smaller women, if not sometimes more.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 PM
h20sat's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,682
Feedback: (28)
^ wow . that's all I have to say .
__________________
Vivy wants:
R&R Iradium (23/24) please ?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2008, 12:04 AM
jenn's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,234
Feedback: (17)
Tricks are very easy to teach, as is down, with the right technique (of course based on positive reinforcement). Your hand movement is not correct, you want to move it from his nose in front of his breast, paws and when he follows that with his nose move it away from his paws. Stop the second his bum leaves the floor, and try again. With the right movement he will go down with the first try though. If that makes any sense to you. You'd better get a really good trainer to show you the basics. Sit and down should be no problem at about 12 weeks (no idea how old your dog is though). He's not stubborn, he just cannot make any sense of why you move your hand with the treat up and down. ;)

Check out clickersolutions.com, and get a good book on trick teaching- or even better meet with a trainer. A trainer can help you get it right from the start.
It's very hard to keep dogs occupied and entertained all the time. Tricks are a great way!
It makes no sense to start trick teaching until the basics are at least okay though, like saying down and the dog does it, and you use your clicker or marker word and take out the treat then.
__________________
If a dog's prayers were answered, bones would rain from the sky.

Last edited by jenn; 12-03-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2008, 12:06 AM
antisera's Avatar
Denim Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 502
Feedback: (13)
Soooo cute! My puppy does 'down' too, and 'sit'...but lately, whenever there's a treat, he'll lie down and refuse to sit...stubborn little guy!
__________________
-Sarah

24 7FAM RED A'S | Edies | Josefina VCAL 24 TR turquoise SUPER T
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2008, 12:10 AM
jenn's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,234
Feedback: (17)
Not stubborn. Just confused. Dogs are very rarely stubborn.
__________________
If a dog's prayers were answered, bones would rain from the sky.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2008, 06:37 AM
h20sat's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,682
Feedback: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn View Post
Tricks are very easy to teach, as is down, with the right technique (of course based on positive reinforcement). Your hand movement is not correct, you want to move it from his nose in front of his breast, paws and when he follows that with his nose move it away from his paws. Stop the second his bum leaves the floor, and try again. With the right movement he will go down with the first try though. If that makes any sense to you. You'd better get a really good trainer to show you the basics. Sit and down should be no problem at about 12 weeks (no idea how old your dog is though). He's not stubborn, he just cannot make any sense of why you move your hand with the treat up and down. ;)

Check out clickersolutions.com, and get a good book on trick teaching- or even better meet with a trainer. A trainer can help you get it right from the start.
It's very hard to keep dogs occupied and entertained all the time. Tricks are a great way!
It makes no sense to start trick teaching until the basics are at least okay though, like saying down and the dog does it, and you use your clicker or marker word and take out the treat then.
ahhh .. front of his breast ...
__________________
Vivy wants:
R&R Iradium (23/24) please ?
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2008, 09:07 AM
jenn's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,234
Feedback: (17)
Yeah, move the treat closer, from in front of his nose down, so that he has to follow it down (not just watch you moving it up and down ). That's the idea.
__________________
If a dog's prayers were answered, bones would rain from the sky.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Zeplock's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Glasvegas
Posts: 1,255
Feedback: (1)
You named your dog Rooney ?? after the fooball player or the band ?? Anyway....change the name ! Good work though with the dog. Well done
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,714
Feedback: (31)
Cute puppeeeee! Congrats!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72