Rainbow Compare: Fake vs. Real
Originally submitted by luvapup:
This multi color Rainbow pocket was the first color of Rainbow horseshoes made by TR.
They were Cowgirl Destroyed Big T wash, and the belt label can say either:
FAKE on left REAL on right.
-Note horseshoe placement of fake is poorly centered and too small.
-Note straight 'wing' part of horseshoe on fake vs. gently curved on real
-Note stitch colors of fake vs real which should be predominantly an warm tone of red, yellow,
gold, orange, brown, tan giving an overall view of a reddish orangey gold rainbow.
-VS: the fake which every color is distinct and does not blend well with the others leaving an
overall impression of mixed garbage. ****VERY IMPORANT AND OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE ON ALL TR!!!!****
-Note: Stitch length on ALL portions of the jean.
EVENLY spaced stitches are on ALL TR...vs. the fakes have small non distinct stitching,
and thinner looking threads of varying stitch lengths.
THIS APPLIES to ALL portions of the jean, the horseshoe, the yoke, the back seam, the
waistband, the side seams ALL PORTIONS!
KEY as well is the BOLDER tacking stitches anchoring pocket flaps, corners, and belt tabs!
Authentic True Religion Tacking stitching is very distinctive and a key element in noting a fake. TAKE NOTE ALWAYS!
Shape of pocket flaps!
Graceful curves from edges down to the point or apex of pocket flap center
again accompany an authentic True Religion jean.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ***A quick bonus for the COWGIRL DESTROYED WASH!***
Note the yoke seam and bulky upper and lower edges of the waist band.
See how the denim appears to be of a lighter color, as if slightly bleached.
THIS will always accompany an authentic True Religion COWGIRL/COWBOY Destroyed wash,
whether a rainbow or just the CGD BigT.
Here is another comparison:
Pair on left is my pair, currently for sale: Pair on right, is your pair. Note all the differences.
1. Shape of horseshoes, the fake is too small, does not fill the pocket.
2. Fake is not placed in the proper place or centered right.
3. Note different shape on the pocket itself. Real is angled wider at top, rectangular and pointed The fake is boxy and squarish.
4. Note the evenness of stitch length in the real, and the small irregular length stitches in the fake. Particularly note the center back seam.
5. Note the color of the horseshoe stitches. The real is warm toned, and blends nicely each row of color. The fake is almost garish.
6. Denim quality jumps right out as well as the wash itself.
7. Belt label. Yes, the real is mens, the fake womens.
But look at the size, its supposed to be a BigT so the belt label should be bigger on the womens anyway.
8. Note the uneven placement location and stitching on the belt label. The fake is very sloppy.
9. Shape of pocket flaps. Real TR has flaps that gently and gracefully curve from edge toward the apex center. See the shape of the fake flap.
Mini tutorial here:
OK, Mini Fake tutorial here.
~Whats going on here?
~Note incorrect twine attachment with a leather/fabric hang tag.
ALWAYS A HUGE RED FLAG< this should never be.
~Whats up with this coin pocket so exposed?
Note overall streaky cheap wash.
1. Lumpy wobbbly belt label, even at this distance, poorly attached and poor quality.
2. SMALL size of pocket flap, note distance between top and bottom of flap.
~Also note distance between the flap and the horseshoe. It would be correct to notice that there is basically NO SHAPE to this pocket flap at all, it is barely pointed at all.
1. Note the thin, cheap, poor color of the red reinforcement/tacking stitches.
Real TR is not red, but more of an orange/red and is visibly a thicker
thread and bolder stitching, with a straight bar, and then clear zig zag
2. Again, note this crazy thing that is to pass for a coin pocket...its mostly fully exposed, which in this style, it should not be. Note huge threading in the horseshoe. Fully incongruent with the rest of the garment stitching. Which brings me to the next point.
~~ Note the arrows, and the varying degrees of stitch length labeled 'A' versus those labeled 'B'. All TR has distinct thick, bold stitches of EVEN LENGTH overall the garment. Stitching should never be wiggly, or some shorter, some longer some uneven. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT to note.~~
NOte all the same issues as above picture, clearly seen here.
1. Even the actual stitching that is supposed to be attaching the pocket flap to the jean is sloppy, loose, all over the place.
2. Tacking thin and cheap.
3 Stitch length irregular overall.
4. Note distinct difference in the actual stitch of the horseshoe, than the rest of the garment. Also incorrect.
This is laughable...they look like paint streaks of some sort, and not even remotely close to what could even be considered a 'manufactured' natural whiskering.