Negative feedback from a buyer with 2 feedback. - AuthenticForum
 
AuthenticForum
  Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Chat Mark Forums Read  
Register

 
 
Rules, Suggestions, Helpful Reference Threads Please note the rules! Have a suggestion or concern? Helpful reference threads (authentic and fake stores and sellers, eBay/Paypal info & more)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Tushkana's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,841
Feedback: (5)
Negative feedback from a buyer with 2 feedback.

Hi! Just got a first neg well, it is partially my fault, and although we had good comms with the buyer and I refunded her asap 10 days ago, she just posted a neg feedback to my ebay profile.. Sche has only 2 feedback count though, how is that even possible?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 03:55 PM
treasurehoard's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,102
Feedback: (166)
What do you mean she only has 2 feedback count? Can you clarify this?


As far as possible solutions you could contact her and nicely remind her that you did work with her to come to a solution. Maybe she will agree to change the feedback.
__________________
AUCTIONSFollow us on TWITTERLike us on FACEBOOKTUMBLR
CONSIGN WITH TREASUREHOARD - Free Pick-Up/Shipping - Low Rates No Fees - PM for details
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Tushkana's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,841
Feedback: (5)
Her feedback equals 2. But she is not a newbie and has the account from 2010. I did contact her.. we will see..

P.S. How do you say it in English then? Her feedback is 2? Thanks, Mike ;)
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:19 PM
**fancy**pants**'s Avatar
William Rast Expert Asst.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eugene/Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 24,039
Feedback: (165)
So she has had her account for 2 years but only has 2 feedback? That isn't too weird. Some people just don't use their account that often.

My Husband, for example, has had an account for 10 years and has maybe 6 or 7 feedback. He just rarely uses it.
__________________
~Amber~
Fancy Pants Resell & Consignment
'Like Me' on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Tushkana's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,841
Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by **fancy**pants** View Post
So she has had her account for 2 years but only has 2 feedback? That isn't too weird. Some people just don't use their account that often.

My Husband, for example, has had an account for 10 years and has maybe 6 or 7 feedback. He just rarely uses it.
No, it is fine. But I thought unless you have feedback of 10, then you are able to post a neg.. ;(
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:30 PM
zephyr7's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunset Beach, CA
Posts: 10,772
Feedback: (1)
^I have never heard of that.
__________________
I'd love:
Hudson Collin in Adelaide (27)
AG "The Legging" in any AGed wash (27)
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 05:02 PM
**fancy**pants**'s Avatar
William Rast Expert Asst.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eugene/Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 24,039
Feedback: (165)
^ Hummm. Me either.
__________________
~Amber~
Fancy Pants Resell & Consignment
'Like Me' on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Tushkana's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,841
Feedback: (5)
Sorry, ladies do you mean you think that any 0 feedback buyer may leave random negative feedbacks to everybody? Or you side with me? about a year ago I won jeans from my new account (I had 3-4 feedback), the seller refused to sell brand new R&R for 1pound and was extremely rude. I tried to leave a negative feedback to him but the message popped saying that I need to have at least 10. As I was shopping a lot I soon gained over 10feedback and negged him.

So I was wondering has something changed since then or if you have been a member for a year ( for example) and your feedback is under 10, you are still qualified to leave negatives and neutrals?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM
**fancy**pants**'s Avatar
William Rast Expert Asst.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eugene/Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 24,039
Feedback: (165)
I tried to do some research on ebay to see if there was a rule that 0 feedback (or possibly new members with low feedback) could not leave negative feedback but I couldn't find anything that said that. And I have never heard of that. But maybe it is different non-US ebay sites? Or maybe it is just a rule I have never heard of. I am sure Pam or Mike will know.

Why wouldn't a 0 feedback buyer be able to leave a negative though? That doesn't sound right at all.
__________________
~Amber~
Fancy Pants Resell & Consignment
'Like Me' on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Tushkana's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,841
Feedback: (5)
^ because it's newer members without any ebay shopping experience who often "destroy" accounts of power sellers (I am not a power seller, of course) and may leave negative and neutral feedbacks without a good reason. They may not know that you don't leave a neg just because a dress too smal or the postage was high, for example
__________________

Last edited by Tushkana; 01-24-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:08 PM
**fancy**pants**'s Avatar
William Rast Expert Asst.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eugene/Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 24,039
Feedback: (165)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushkana View Post
^ because it's newer members without any ebay shopping experience who often "destroy" accounts of power sellers (I am not a power seller, of course) and may leave negative and neutral feedbacks without a good reason. They may not know that you don't leave a neg just because a dress too smal or the postage was high, for example
I find it to be just the opposite most of the time. It is the people that have been around long enough that know how to manipulate the system, that really do the worst damage. (from my experience anyway)
__________________
~Amber~
Fancy Pants Resell & Consignment
'Like Me' on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 PM
idalis's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 34,070
Feedback: (61)
Everybody has always been able to leave whatever feedback they want. 0 feedback buyers can have legitimately bad transactions too, can't they? You are thinking maybe of there being a "waiting period" for those with new accounts to leave negs. They can't leave them for 5 days.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 07:28 PM
treasurehoard's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,102
Feedback: (166)
never heard of that, could be international policy (but I doubt it) or most likely it could be that the message was telling you that you had to wait for __ days prior to leaving feedback. eBay recommends buyers contact sellers if they try leaving negative or neutral feedback prior to a certain number of days.
__________________
AUCTIONSFollow us on TWITTERLike us on FACEBOOKTUMBLR
CONSIGN WITH TREASUREHOARD - Free Pick-Up/Shipping - Low Rates No Fees - PM for details
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Tushkana's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,841
Feedback: (5)
Ok! Thanks guys!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2012, 02:55 AM
Tushkana's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,841
Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by **fancy**pants** View Post
I find it to be just the opposite most of the time. It is the people that have been around long enough that know how to manipulate the system, that really do the worst damage. (from my experience anyway)
Oh, haven't seen your post Amber! Yeah, I agree with you also. However, from my experience when buying/selling/checking other people's feedback history, I have seen loads, I mean loads of silly negative and neutral comments from the people with zero to 15 feedback. Maybe it's just ebay.co.uk No, really, laughable and unreasonable feedbacks sometimes, which were not supposed to be negatives or neutrals..

P.S. Btw, all my posts above were written while I was quite tired and in bed.. and what I wanted to say wasn't very clear.. sorry ;)
__________________

Last edited by Tushkana; 01-25-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2012, 06:22 AM
laurenbwg's Avatar
Denim Obsessed
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 723
Feedback: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushkana View Post
Oh, haven't seen your post Amber! Yeah, I agree with you also. However, from my experience when buying/selling/checking other people's feedback history, I have seen loads, I mean loads of silly negative and neutral comments from the people with zero to 15 feedback. Maybe it's just ebay.co.uk No, really, laughable and unreasonable feedbacks sometimes, which were not supposed to be negatives or neutrals..
SOOOO frustrating... People are ridiculous... They will leave neg and say "it didn't fit like others I have in that size" or "was too short" or "i didn't really like the color"
I haven't had a neg yet but each time I click on my feedback I hold my breath ... although the trend lately seems to be that most just don't leave feedback at all.
__________________
CHECK OUT MY EBAY LISTINGS PM me... special prices for AF Members
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 96
Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenbwg View Post
SOOOO frustrating... People are ridiculous... They will leave neg and say "it didn't fit like others I have in that size" or "was too short" or "i didn't really like the color"
I haven't had a neg yet but each time I click on my feedback I hold my breath ... although the trend lately seems to be that most just don't leave feedback at all.
Ebay is a joke now days, everybody has a story to tell, and looking to get over. I sold a pair of jeans with a detached button, which I mentioned in the auction. So a whole month later, I get an email from the buyer saying that he went to go have the button reattached and the sales person told him that the jeans were well worn. He asks me what I intend to do about the situation? WHAT???? You had the jeans for a whole month, and now because a "sales clerk" tells you that the jeans are worn out, you want a refund??? You couldn't make that assessment in the 30 plus days that the jeans were in your possession??? You never know what people are going to come up with these days. That's why most of the time I just leave the money in my paypal for awhile, because with all the nonsense now days, I know there's a good chance I will be refunding it anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Tushkana's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,841
Feedback: (5)
^ yeah, so sad...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2012, 11:24 AM
treasurehoard's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,102
Feedback: (166)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poboy View Post
Ebay is a joke now days, everybody has a story to tell, and looking to get over. I sold a pair of jeans with a detached button, which I mentioned in the auction. So a whole month later, I get an email from the buyer saying that he went to go have the button reattached and the sales person told him that the jeans were well worn. He asks me what I intend to do about the situation? WHAT???? You had the jeans for a whole month, and now because a "sales clerk" tells you that the jeans are worn out, you want a refund??? You couldn't make that assessment in the 30 plus days that the jeans were in your possession??? You never know what people are going to come up with these days. That's why most of the time I just leave the money in my paypal for awhile, because with all the nonsense now days, I know there's a good chance I will be refunding it anyway.
Just a fact of doing business. Big or small a lot of the "problems" are the same. I accept returns and would say around 3% of my buyers return items on a monthly basis. Regarding feedback most of the time I have less than 1% negative/neutral feedback on a monthly basis. It can be difficult when that kind of stuff occurs but for the most part it is only a small percentage of the business. Just take good photos and make accurate descriptions and you can usually avoid most of the issues.
__________________
AUCTIONSFollow us on TWITTERLike us on FACEBOOKTUMBLR
CONSIGN WITH TREASUREHOARD - Free Pick-Up/Shipping - Low Rates No Fees - PM for details
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70