Auth check please - AuthenticForum
 
AuthenticForum
  Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Chat Mark Forums Read  
Register

 
 
Rock and Republic Jeans Discuss the hottest new Rock and Republic jeans styles. Learn to spot those nasty fake Rock and Republic's.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2012, 02:59 PM
the_brooke's Avatar
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 27
Feedback: (0)
Auth check please

Masters of Rock and Republic, are these fake? Ive been wearing rocks for 7 years, and I have another pair just like this but dark blue and with Blue Rs. I Purchased these already for $70 with shipping.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170790640995?...84.m1497.l2649

Also I was thinking of buying these, are they real? Im a skinny 6 foot tall yoga guy, and this style fits like a glove. But I usually have to pay $250 for Rocks

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/120963976211?...84.m1423.l2649
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Tushkana's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,841
Feedback: (5)
They both look ok. But wait for others just in case. Do you know that R&R went bankrupt? You could run a search (bankrupt/Kohl's) in our Rock&Republic section to find out more about it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2012, 03:22 PM
the_brooke's Avatar
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 27
Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushkana View Post
They both look ok. But wait for others just in case. Do you know that R&R went bankrupt? You could run a search (bankrupt/Kohl's) in our Rock&Republic section to find out more about it.
I had no idea. Is that why there are so many jeans for cheap on eBay? I havnt bought a new pair in 3 years or so. Gosh maybe it's been 4 years.
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2012, 03:31 PM
the_brooke's Avatar
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 27
Feedback: (0)
Ok I read about this budget line of jeans. So did I just buy a budget pair of Rocks???
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,439
Feedback: (15)
^Yep. That second pair is definitely Straight To Discount. Probably Made In Guatemala. The first pair was called Black Myst, never retailed for $218 as the seller claims, and is definitely Made In Guatemala STD.

On edit: Wait for Cyn to confirm those Colburg Black Mysts are real. They might be fake.
__________________
WISH LIST: Looking for Rag & Bone Waxed Ptarmagin Jacket - Size 42

Last edited by RememberMe?; 08-14-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2012, 06:02 AM
the_brooke's Avatar
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 27
Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe? View Post
^Yep. That second pair is definitely Straight To Discount. Probably Made In Guatemala. The first pair was called Black Myst, never retailed for $218 as the seller claims, and is definitely Made In Guatemala STD.

On edit: Wait for Cyn to confirm those Colburg Black Mysts are real. They might be fake.

I already bought them (the first pair). I have a pair of Colburgs like them with Rs on the pockets and they have a tag that says "made in Guatemala" but I bought them 2 years ago???
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,439
Feedback: (15)
The first Made In Guatemala STD's started showing up around late 2009 or early 2010. At first even R&R denied they were outsourcing their manufacturing overseas for their discount line, but it turned out they were.

Right around the time R&R ceased operations in early 2011 a few really terrible Made In Guatemala STD's started showing up. A few were Straight To Costco, but some were so bad that even the mods could not tell if they were authentic or not.
__________________
WISH LIST: Looking for Rag & Bone Waxed Ptarmagin Jacket - Size 42
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 PM
the_brooke's Avatar
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 27
Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe? View Post
The first Made In Guatemala STD's started showing up around late 2009 or early 2010. At first even R&R denied they were outsourcing their manufacturing overseas for their discount line, but it turned out they were.

Right around the time R&R ceased operations in early 2011 a few really terrible Made In Guatemala STD's started showing up. A few were Straight To Costco, but some were so bad that even the mods could not tell if they were authentic or not.

That is very sad.

My 2009 Colburg were actually really nice. I didn't even suspect that they were made in Guatemala. I only looked at the tag a few days ago when the subject was brought up here.

The rest of my rocks are legit, however they have holes in them from me sitting crosslegged or I don't like the relaxed fit. I have two pairs of Henleys that at first (at the store) I like them, then after a few wears the stretch a little.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 PM
the_brooke's Avatar
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 27
Feedback: (0)
What's the verdict?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70