Fake Paiges??? - AuthenticForum
 
AuthenticForum
  Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Chat Mark Forums Read  
Register

 
 
Paige Jeans Paige Premium Denim lovers, a section just for you. Paige Jeans by Paige Adams-Geller.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 115
Feedback: (1)
Fake Paiges???

Have many of you have actually come across fake Paige jeans? The only ones I have ever seen are the ones shown in the guide on here... I've never seen any on Ebay or anywhere else (unless they somehow don't come up in my searches). I am not an expert, but I am fairly confident in my Paige authenticating skills

This was just something I've been wondering as I seem to see tons of bad fake TR and 7FAM everywhere but never have I seen fake Paiges (and especially not in real life either...) I was just curious, that's all.
__________________
~Sarah~

Check out my jewelry! http://mysilversunshine.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2011, 07:04 AM
Denim Obsessed
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 944
Feedback: (10)
I have never encountered a pair of fake Paiges IRL altho I have seen a couple of ebay auctions for older pairs that looked dubious. I buy Paiges almost exclusively through ebay auctions, have about 60 pairs and have never bought a fake. I know that there have been fakes made in some of the older styles, though I haven't heard of any of the new styles such as Lou Lou or the jeggings being faked.

I think there is not enough money in this brand for it to be worth faking any more; and IMO the chances of buying a pair of fake Paiges are very small.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 227
Feedback: (9)
I've seen a couple of eBay auctions that I'm 99% positive were fake (just saw one a few days ago actually - mosaic pockets in "Lagoon" that looks NOTHING like real Lagoon), and I've only ever seen real Paige IRL.. seems to be less commonly faked than some other PD brands, I agree w/ Aerial, I think there's just not enough money in secondhand/eBay Paige for the fakers to make an effort.

I've only bought Paige through eBay thus far, and on eBay the biggest giveaway for me (besides the overall wash quality) has been the tag - even in really bad pics I can see the pink stitching on the inner waistband tag, I've bought a few pairs for super-cheap just going off a couple not-so-great pics and they've all been real.
__________________
DO WANT : Something to fit a size 26/27 with big thighs!
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2011, 08:14 AM
disscogrl's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 2,655
Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren710 View Post
I've seen a couple of eBay auctions that I'm 99% positive were fake (just saw one a few days ago actually - mosaic pockets in "Lagoon" that looks NOTHING like real Lagoon), and I've only ever seen real Paige IRL.. seems to be less commonly faked than some other PD brands, I agree w/ Aerial, I think there's just not enough money in secondhand/eBay Paige for the fakers to make an effort.

I've only bought Paige through eBay thus far, and on eBay the biggest giveaway for me (besides the overall wash quality) has been the tag - even in really bad pics I can see the pink stitching on the inner waistband tag, I've bought a few pairs for super-cheap just going off a couple not-so-great pics and they've all been real.
I so know which pair you're talking about. The pockets look SUPER tiny, don't they? I keep seeing them and looking at them b/c I want to get a 2nd pair of Mosaic pockets but they look super fake. I'll admit to not getting as many of my Paige purchases auth checked only b/c I've never been told any of the pairs I've been interested in were fake. The only times I auth check now is if I see a seller selling other pairs of suspect jeans (the ONLY jeans I can tell are fake by tag alone are SFAM lol)
__________________
~ Christine ~
~*~ Paige: I NEED Friction in my life, in any cut other than BH Super Peg (28 or 29) ~*~
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2011, 08:29 AM
sungy's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,593
Feedback: (110)
Indeed, there have been with the older pairs. Fakers tend to try to copy the more elaborate pairs, across multiple brands, such as Paige Mosaic pockets. Why, I don't know b/c it gives a greater opportunity to eff it up, but makes it easier for us to detect.

I've not been buying newer Paige as much so I can't say that I've seen any.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 227
Feedback: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by disscogrl View Post
I so know which pair you're talking about. The pockets look SUPER tiny, don't they? I keep seeing them and looking at them b/c I want to get a 2nd pair of Mosaic pockets but they look super fake. I'll admit to not getting as many of my Paige purchases auth checked only b/c I've never been told any of the pairs I've been interested in were fake. The only times I auth check now is if I see a seller selling other pairs of suspect jeans (the ONLY jeans I can tell are fake by tag alone are SFAM lol)
Yeah, I looked them up again and they just look all wrong.. tiny pockets, nasty cheap-looking whiskering on the front, weird tag stitching, stitching for the credit card pocket isn't right.. TBH I kinda like stumbling on a fake once in a while, I think it keeps my authenticating skills sharp
__________________
DO WANT : Something to fit a size 26/27 with big thighs!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2011, 08:45 AM
disscogrl's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 2,655
Feedback: (3)
^I've never gotten past the pocket photo. I usually search Ebay from my phone and it's a PITA to look at all of the photos. LOL
__________________
~ Christine ~
~*~ Paige: I NEED Friction in my life, in any cut other than BH Super Peg (28 or 29) ~*~
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2011, 11:56 AM
gsmbaby19's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere South of Something
Posts: 5,222
Feedback: (30)
South Coast Lace and Tuscan Las Palmas are also heavily faked
__________________
~Dawn~
EXCEPT:
Paige: Tristan in Lorna 30 TR:Sydney in Duke 30
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2011, 11:03 AM
MOMENT OF CLARITY's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sunny South Florida Baby!
Posts: 2,959
Feedback: (13)
I bought a pair of LC's (with Pico pockets) from Plato's I think. The denim felt right, but they were a mash of a few different styles. Weird fakes.


The interior tag was attached a different way too.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 115
Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
I think there is not enough money in this brand for it to be worth faking any more; and IMO the chances of buying a pair of fake Paiges are very small.
That makes a lot of sense...
__________________
~Sarah~

Check out my jewelry! http://mysilversunshine.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70