Stretch Marks - AuthenticForum
 
AuthenticForum
  Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Chat Mark Forums Read  
Register

 
 

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2009, 08:50 PM
crazeee4u's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CANADA
Posts: 3,603
Feedback: (15)
Stretch Marks

Any way to get rid of them ????
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Loving life!-outside of the city, Washington
Posts: 14,498
Feedback: (37)
Laser surgury! Unfortunately is the only way to actually get rid of them.

I used a lotion from avon that faded mine from red to white in about a month though.
__________________
Hi baby!!!!!
TR gunmetal & desperado & road dog joeys 24 sz 23 aquarius/barcelona/rifle/duke/moss savoys
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2009, 09:04 PM
FriskyL's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,278
Feedback: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid_gray View Post
Laser surgury! Unfortunately is the only way to actually get rid of them.

I used a lotion from avon that faded mine from red to white in about a month though.
Laser treatments work only if the stretch marks are fresh and the scar is still red. Once they get old and turn white you cant do anything for them. Rose hip seed oil *can* help to lighten them.
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Loving life!-outside of the city, Washington
Posts: 14,498
Feedback: (37)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyL View Post
Laser treatments work only if the stretch marks are fresh and the scar is still red. Once they get old and turn white you cant do anything for them. Rose hip seed oil *can* help to lighten them.
Noooo! I thought I had hope still DH was going to get me laser treatment once he got his new job. Dammit, I guess bikinis are forever out of my wardrobe.

Good to know... sad, but good to know.
__________________
Hi baby!!!!!
TR gunmetal & desperado & road dog joeys 24 sz 23 aquarius/barcelona/rifle/duke/moss savoys
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2009, 11:50 AM
crazeee4u's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CANADA
Posts: 3,603
Feedback: (15)
mine are white, so it's basically irreversible. darns. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Dojoqueen's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 36,827
Feedback: (101)
Yeah, unfortunately stretch marks are genetic; you'll either get them or you won't. They're pretty hard to see once they turn more fleshtone again.
__________________
you buy now
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:26 PM
rjs111's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 2,291
Feedback: (8)
After I had my baby I started using the Strivectin-SD Stretch Mark Cream, and it really helped fade the stretch marks on my breasts. It also filled them in some, if that makes sense. They look so so much better than they did.
Here's a link to it at sephora, it's expensive but it works.

ETA: oops forgot the link! Sephora: StriVectin: Klein-Becker Strivectin Cream, StriVectin SD with Striadril at Sephora.com: Age Control
__________________
Rachel
Selling: Baby Girl Ralph Lauren Sweaters!! & Pink Adidas Sambas!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Loving life!-outside of the city, Washington
Posts: 14,498
Feedback: (37)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojoqueen View Post
Yeah, unfortunately stretch marks are genetic; you'll either get them or you won't. They're pretty hard to see once they turn more fleshtone again.
Mine are so deep, they're painfully obvious, even though they're faded. If I bend at *all* they wrinkle up and look as wrinkled as my grandma's skin (She's like 80) When I was preg with my oldest, all my stretch marks showed up on my hips and bum. And this last time they showed up all over my stomach
__________________
Hi baby!!!!!
TR gunmetal & desperado & road dog joeys 24 sz 23 aquarius/barcelona/rifle/duke/moss savoys
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Flitting about the midwest
Posts: 21,191
Feedback: (170)
Yeah, unfortunately you're kinda stuck with them...I sprouted tons all over my body during puberty and you can still feel them on my boobs, the small of my back, sides etc. I can only imagine what kind of road map my belly will look like if I ever get pregnant
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2009, 03:27 PM
rjs111's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 2,291
Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyL View Post
Laser treatments work only if the stretch marks are fresh and the scar is still red. Once they get old and turn white you cant do anything for them. Rose hip seed oil *can* help to lighten them.
ahhh noo
__________________
Rachel
Selling: Baby Girl Ralph Lauren Sweaters!! & Pink Adidas Sambas!
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2009, 11:36 PM
FriskyL's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,278
Feedback: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid_gray View Post
Mine are so deep, they're painfully obvious, even though they're faded. If I bend at *all* they wrinkle up and look as wrinkled as my grandma's skin (She's like 80) When I was preg with my oldest, all my stretch marks showed up on my hips and bum. And this last time they showed up all over my stomach
The laser could possibly help fill them in some. There are some treatments that help boost the collagen production but I wouldn't put a lot of hope into it. I'd say about a 50% chance that it would help and that would take a lot of treatments and $$. Try Rose Hip Seed Oil, I have seen a few people have some good results where it helped smooth out stretch marks a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2009, 09:16 PM
ashleykindra's Avatar
Denim Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 689
Feedback: (48)
I have some stretch marks on my hips (from when I actually got hips after high school) but when I got them they were silvery/white and never red. They all started this way. Is there a difference between stretch marks that begin red and fade and those that were never red to begin with?
__________________
Wishlist


Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2009, 09:57 AM
gsmbaby19's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere South of Something
Posts: 5,222
Feedback: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid_gray View Post
Noooo! I thought I had hope still DH was going to get me laser treatment once he got his new job. Dammit, I guess bikinis are forever out of my wardrobe.

Good to know... sad, but good to know.
I have them too Stupid genetics Don't let them keep you from your bikini. You worked hard to get them ;) Wear them with pride, LOL
__________________
~Dawn~
EXCEPT:
Paige: Tristan in Lorna 30 TR:Sydney in Duke 30
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Luca's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,060
Feedback: (12)
Pregnancy stretch marks are like badges of honor, IMO.
Look what you have to show for them !
__________________
~Roxana~
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
jillybean's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: I.F., Idaho
Posts: 2,041
Feedback: (14)
^
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2009, 10:52 PM
ilovecaseyandcoach's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Eureka, CA (6 hours north of san fran...where we have no stores)
Posts: 3,518
Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs111 View Post
After I had my baby I started using the Strivectin-SD Stretch Mark Cream, and it really helped fade the stretch marks on my breasts. It also filled them in some, if that makes sense. They look so so much better than they did.
Here's a link to it at sephora, it's expensive but it works.

ETA: oops forgot the link! Sephora: StriVectin: Klein-Becker Strivectin Cream, StriVectin SD with Striadril at Sephora.com: Age Control
Anyone else have luck with this?? They have it at costco.

I was just thinking I will probably have more than one child so I shouldn't waste the money until I am done.
__________________
facebook
blog I need maternity jeans. Size 29 and 30 please.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2009, 09:23 AM
aswin's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,281
Feedback: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecaseyandcoach View Post
Anyone else have luck with this?? They have it at costco.

I was just thinking I will probably have more than one child so I shouldn't waste the money until I am done.
I've not tried it, but I believe that you are supposed to use those kind of creams when the stretch marks are still "fresh", so you really wouldn't want to wait until you're done b/c, in theory, it wouldn't help the old stretch marks.
Jeez, sorry for the giant run-on sentence
__________________
April
Please check out my stuff in the mall, all jeans $50 or under, some NWT! Also, lower price on RM MAB!
http://calliescause.yolasite.com/
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Dojoqueen's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 36,827
Feedback: (101)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin View Post
I've not tried it, but I believe that you are supposed to use those kind of creams when the stretch marks are still "fresh", so you really wouldn't want to wait until you're done b/c, in theory, it wouldn't help the old stretch marks.
Jeez, sorry for the giant run-on sentence
truth.

it will only mildly lighten them if they're older.
__________________
you buy now
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2009, 12:33 PM
hammerwoman's Avatar
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a VAN down by the river.
Posts: 7,218
Feedback: (97)
I never got one stretch mark on my stomach...now my boobs are a war zone.
__________________
I am
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Dojoqueen's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 36,827
Feedback: (101)
i got my very first belly stretch mark when i was 39.5 weeks preggo with #4.

just the week before, my doc said, "how did you get through 4 pregnancies with not-a-one stretch mark?"

she jinxed me, i tell ya. i did not get more with #5 and #6. i refused to discuss all beauty issues with any medical professional. next one could have involved skin tags. no thanks.
__________________
you buy now
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Luca's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,060
Feedback: (12)
Lol Shi!!
__________________
~Roxana~
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70