Ready to get rid of my left foot...neuromas and bunions - AuthenticForum
 
AuthenticForum
  Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Chat Mark Forums Read  
Register

 
 

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2009, 06:48 PM
nsynchic20's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,393
Feedback: (8)
Ready to get rid of my left foot...neuromas and bunions

Ok so I know I've posted a lot about my injured left foot, but I've finally figured EVERYTHING out (at least I hope everything!) and wanted to know if anyone else has had experiences. I joked with my podiatrist that he should just cut off my left foot before I injure it even more... Ripped off big toenail, neuroma, bunion, it's frustrating!

First problem is I have Morton's Neuroma. A nerve is inflammed between 3rd and 4th toe. I'm trying the cortisone shot next week but if that doesn't work then its time for surgery. I'm pretty well researched on this topic so I'm not looking for medical advice, but would love to hear from somebody else who has firsthand experience with cortisone or surgery for this specific problem.

Second problem is I have Taylor's bunion which is a bunion on the pinkie toe. Don't know too much about this as there isn't much info, but again, want to hear from someone who has dealt with this and what they did.

Thanks!
__________________
Wishlist: NAK A's 29! Antwerp Dojos Size 28
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
lawgal2002's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2 hours from the Gulf
Posts: 23,935
Feedback: (82)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsynchic20 View Post
Ok so I know I've posted a lot about my injured left foot, but I've finally figured EVERYTHING out (at least I hope everything!) and wanted to know if anyone else has had experiences. I joked with my podiatrist that he should just cut off my left foot before I injure it even more... Ripped off big toenail, neuroma, bunion, it's frustrating!

First problem is I have Morton's Neuroma. A nerve is inflammed between 3rd and 4th toe. I'm trying the cortisone shot next week but if that doesn't work then its time for surgery. I'm pretty well researched on this topic so I'm not looking for medical advice, but would love to hear from somebody else who has firsthand experience with cortisone or surgery for this specific problem.

Second problem is I have Taylor's bunion which is a bunion on the pinkie toe. Don't know too much about this as there isn't much info, but again, want to hear from someone who has dealt with this and what they did.

Thanks!
I had a thingy on my pinky toe when I danced and then when worked on my feet all day in heels. I found something that you put on it, like a wart remover thing (gross, I know) and dissolved it off. I haven't had one since.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2009, 07:19 PM
nsynchic20's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,393
Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgal2002 View Post
I had a thingy on my pinky toe when I danced and then when worked on my feet all day in heels. I found something that you put on it, like a wart remover thing (gross, I know) and dissolved it off. I haven't had one since.
It dissolves part of the bone? Maybe you are talking about something else or maybe I'm not really sure what a bunion is. I thought it was a bone and it forms a bump or something. Well if we are talking about the same thing then I will find out about that!

Thanks!
__________________
Wishlist: NAK A's 29! Antwerp Dojos Size 28
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2009, 07:24 PM
lawgal2002's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2 hours from the Gulf
Posts: 23,935
Feedback: (82)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsynchic20 View Post
It dissolves part of the bone? Maybe you are talking about something else or maybe I'm not really sure what a bunion is. I thought it was a bone and it forms a bump or something. Well if we are talking about the same thing then I will find out about that!

Thanks!
Well, a regular bunion is like a callous isn't it? that is what I always thought. Maybe what you have is different. All I know is it hurt like a MUTHA and as soon as I scrubbed the last of it off, I was in Heaven! I think it was like a Dr. Scholl's product that I used. Just over the counter!! I hope you get some relief!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 PM
nsynchic20's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,393
Feedback: (8)
Oh yeah I think the way the doctor described it, it sounds like a bone, otherwise that would be an easy fix and it would probably fix my neuroma too!
__________________
Wishlist: NAK A's 29! Antwerp Dojos Size 28
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 AM
geebs's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,927
Feedback: (49)
Liz, I think you're talking about a corn. A bunion is a deformity of the joint and bone, whereas a corn is on the surface.

nsynch i found a ton of info on tailors bunion doing a search. You probably used an incorrect spelling.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:40 PM
nsynchic20's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,393
Feedback: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebs View Post
Liz, I think you're talking about a corn. A bunion is a deformity of the joint and bone, whereas a corn is on the surface.

nsynch i found a ton of info on tailors bunion doing a search. You probably used an incorrect spelling.
Oops yes I probably did, thanks!
__________________
Wishlist: NAK A's 29! Antwerp Dojos Size 28
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:50 PM
remonb's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 8,050
Feedback: (63)
Let me know how it goes with the cortisone shots. My podiatrist suggested the same thing but I was hesitant to get a shot in the foot. Every since those road marches, I have trouble standing or walking on my feet for longer than 15 minutes before my arches start aching and my feet start feeling like I have broken bones in them.


ETA: oops Wrong thread
__________________
Dandrea
Click here to see my items listed by **fancy**pants**. She can offer a discounted price if sold through AF. Just send her a PM.
I want a cheap pair of WR Lisa Dark Handsand or Gardenia, size 29

Last edited by remonb; 03-24-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72