Sports Bra suggestions plz - AuthenticForum
 
AuthenticForum
  Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Chat Mark Forums Read  
Register

 
 

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2008, 09:52 PM
marka666's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BK
Posts: 5,689
Feedback: (21)
Sports Bra suggestions plz

I did a search, but didn't find anything I'm looking for.

I decided that I need to get in shape and began working out. I just bought a jumping rope and it's really painful for me to jump with my regular bras on. I have never owned a sports bra, so I know nothing about them. Which brands/styles/models should I look into? I'm a big B/small C cup.

Thanks!
__________________
my blog
http://www.etsy.com/shop/juliasfit
^ Get 15% off with code AF2012
"Like" us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/JuliasFit
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2008, 09:56 PM
PunkySpunkyRae's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,924
Feedback: (2)
Enell.com

"The bounce stops here"


I am a 42DDD/F and gone are the days of wearing two bras at the same time! I just have to return my new one though they sent me one size too large. I hate waiting!!!

Also look at Lunaire:
Lunaire Coolmax Underwire Sports Bra 11111 - Lunaire Bras

Her Room has a whole section devote to just sports bras just so you know: Bounce Test Sports Bra Videos at HerRoom
The videos are great! Plus they play Enya in the background!

Also figleaves.com is great too!
__________________
I must confess I'm here to kill the pain.

Last edited by PunkySpunkyRae; 03-27-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Denim Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 705
Feedback: (21)
I'm glad that you started this thread. I was thinking today that it's hard to find a good sports bra. Usually they are too big in the ribcage for me. Ideally I need a 32C, but this size is hard to find. I did buy some bras in that size that were "Shock Absorber" line that was carried by Victoria's Secret that I really like, but I went in the store the other day and didn't see any so I think they may have stopped carrying them. They are not on the website either. I also like my bra to be somewhat shaped and padded. I know that they are meant to hold you in place, but when I wear the ones that have no shape or padding and flatten me out like pancakes, I hate the way it looks. I feel like they form a smashed uniboob look or something...

Last edited by smalls; 03-27-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2008, 10:38 PM
marka666's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BK
Posts: 5,689
Feedback: (21)
Oh, thanks, Rae! This is a great start! I will look into those this weekend.
__________________
my blog
http://www.etsy.com/shop/juliasfit
^ Get 15% off with code AF2012
"Like" us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/JuliasFit
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Denim Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 705
Feedback: (21)
Rae- that bounce test video thing is great. I think this bra looks awesome, it was in one of the tests.:

Moving Comfort Fiona Sports Bra 771660 - Moving Comfort Bras
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,252
Feedback: (1)
I have been using these bras for years. I am very happy with them. I do think the band size runs a bit small, but that's fine for me.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Flitting about the midwest
Posts: 21,191
Feedback: (170)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalls View Post
I'm glad that you started this thread. I was thinking today that it's hard to find a good sports bra. Usually they are too big in the ribcage for me. Ideally I need a 32C, but this size is hard to find. I did buy some bras in that size that were "Shock Absorber" line that was carried by Victoria's Secret that I really like, but I went in the store the other day and didn't see any so I think they may have stopped carrying them. They are not on the website either.
I have a couple of these (got them at the VS outlet for likr $6 each! woo!) and I really like them! If you have a VS outlet in your area you might be able to find them. The only thing is that sometimes the padding slips out in the wash...so out of the dryer you have all these random triangular things to stuff back into your bras I definitely like the padding, though...I hate looking like a 12 year old boy in sports bras! btw, it seems they run a hair small, which is fine bc I'm on the small end of/not quite a 34b.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2008, 08:37 PM
jessani's Avatar
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,927
Feedback: (119)
moving comfort fiona bra changed my life! i love it...i wear a 34D and they don't bounce on my runs, ever.
the maia is an underwire one by moving comfort, but the sizing on it is wierd.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Denim Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 705
Feedback: (21)
pianochica- I wish there was a VS outlet near me. I found some of the Shock Absorber bras on ebay but they are a lot more than $6.

jessani- it's good to hear that the fiona is good. Are the cups lightly lined or do they have a thicker more padded lining? From the her room online pics and video it looks like they have some shape to them instead of just smashing the girl down. Did you have to buy it online or did you find it in a store? I looked and saw that moving comfort is carried by some retailers. I would love to be able to try one on in a store before buying.

Last edited by smalls; 03-29-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2008, 11:57 PM
marka666's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BK
Posts: 5,689
Feedback: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalls View Post
I would love to be able to try one on in a store before buying.
+1
I don't even know what my size is anymore=(
__________________
my blog
http://www.etsy.com/shop/juliasfit
^ Get 15% off with code AF2012
"Like" us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/JuliasFit

Last edited by marka666; 03-30-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2008, 12:52 AM
julia2009's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: berkeley, ca
Posts: 1,344
Feedback: (11)
hanes makes a good one with shaping that is pretty thick material and is all cotton... holds you in there without making you look like a 12 year old boy (although I dont have all that much to hold in ) i cant remember the style name, but they have them at target and they are cheap

mostly i just buy the cheapo jansport ones at costco and deal with pancake boob

PS: marshalls sometimes has great deals on sports bras too, iv gotten most of my good ones there
__________________
LIGHT-HAIRED DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
Feedback: (153)
Yeah, I go to NR and Marshalls/TJs because $40 for a sports bra is crazyyyy!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Berkeley
Posts: 1,924
Feedback: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia2009 View Post
hanes makes a good one with shaping that is pretty thick material and is all cotton... holds you in there without making you look like a 12 year old boy (although I dont have all that much to hold in ) i cant remember the style name, but they have them at target and they are cheap

mostly i just buy the cheapo jansport ones at costco and deal with pancake boob

PS: marshalls sometimes has great deals on sports bras too, iv gotten most of my good ones there
All cotton is bad if you sweat a lot. I used to wear those Hanes ones actually but I sweat way to much to wear any athletic bra or top that isn't sweat-wicking.

My favourite sports bras are Under Armor and Champion. There's an awesome high impact Under Armor one where if I jump, they do not move. It's a pullover bra but you have to fasten a band at the back. It's for C cups (I am a small 34Bish and wear a small in it but it's tight). If I wear a regular Nike pullover sports bra which is stretchier and see myself even on the elliptical in a mirror, the girls are all over the place.
__________________
Check out my items listed for sale by **fancy**pants** She can offer discounts to members if sold thru AF. Just PM her to inquire.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2008, 08:20 PM
missypoo's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,259
Feedback: (16)
I've got the Berlei shock absorber sports bra. I think it's great And you can get different support levels depending on what sports you use them for.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2008, 03:58 PM
bluefeevah's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,661
Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessani View Post
moving comfort fiona bra changed my life! i love it...i wear a 34D and they don't bounce on my runs, ever.
the maia is an underwire one by moving comfort, but the sizing on it is wierd.
I just bought the moving comfort fiona bra last night and just got home from a 5m jog. HOLY CRAP this thing is AMAZING!! held me in like no other - I am a 36D and this baby did the job. I usually have to use 2 of those stretchy cotton compression bras. Fiona one does give a little uniboob but not as bad as others. RECOMMENDED!! AMAZING SPORTS BRA!!!
__________________
~Alanna~
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2008, 04:09 PM
PunkySpunkyRae's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,924
Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyLOVESlime View Post
Yeah, I go to NR and Marshalls/TJs because $40 for a sports bra is crazyyyy!
When it's your only option, because they don't make cheaper ones in your size, you pay it. NR and TJ's don't carry them in my size.
__________________
I must confess I'm here to kill the pain.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2008, 04:20 PM
jessani's Avatar
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,927
Feedback: (119)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefeevah View Post
I just bought the moving comfort fiona bra last night and just got home from a 5m jog. HOLY CRAP this thing is AMAZING!! held me in like no other - I am a 36D and this baby did the job. I usually have to use 2 of those stretchy cotton compression bras. Fiona one does give a little uniboob but not as bad as others. RECOMMENDED!! AMAZING SPORTS BRA!!!

Hehe, I am glad you love it too...I am in love with them. It's the only bra I'll ever wear as long as I'm a C/D cup!
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2008, 04:29 PM
geebs's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,927
Feedback: (49)
i wish i had that problem. jessani i didn't know you were a c/d cup
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2008, 04:31 PM
PunkySpunkyRae's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,924
Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebs View Post
i wish i had that problem. jessani i didn't know you were a c/d cup
I'd kill to be a c/d again! This DDD/F shit needs to stop. It's not fun anymore. In fact I don't remember it ever being fun.
__________________
I must confess I'm here to kill the pain.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Denim Obsessed
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 705
Feedback: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefeevah View Post
I just bought the moving comfort fiona bra last night and just got home from a 5m jog. HOLY CRAP this thing is AMAZING!! held me in like no other - I am a 36D and this baby did the job. I usually have to use 2 of those stretchy cotton compression bras. Fiona one does give a little uniboob but not as bad as others. RECOMMENDED!! AMAZING SPORTS BRA!!!
Cool! I want to try one out. Did you have to order it online, or did you find a store that carries it?
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2008, 10:22 PM
marka666's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BK
Posts: 5,689
Feedback: (21)
^
I'm assuming she bought it from a store if she just bought it last night and wore it today
__________________
my blog
http://www.etsy.com/shop/juliasfit
^ Get 15% off with code AF2012
"Like" us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/JuliasFit
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2008, 11:09 PM
onelove's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 9,884
Feedback: (176)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkySpunkyRae View Post
Enell.com

"The bounce stops here"


I am a 42DDD/F and gone are the days of wearing two bras at the same time! I just have to return my new one though they sent me one size too large. I hate waiting!!!

Also look at Lunaire:
Lunaire Coolmax Underwire Sports Bra 11111 - Lunaire Bras

Her Room has a whole section devote to just sports bras just so you know: Bounce Test Sports Bra Videos at HerRoom
The videos are great! Plus they play Enya in the background!

Also figleaves.com is great too!
I'm confused why the Champion won best sports bra when the video shows her bouncing all over the place. That Lunaire looks like it does a good job though.
__________________
Erica's Blog-Simply Onelove

I miss you JJ.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2008, 07:51 AM
PunkySpunkyRae's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,924
Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove View Post
I'm confused why the Champion won best sports bra when the video shows her bouncing all over the place. That Lunaire looks like it does a good job though.
I'm just confused in general now. The Lunaire is great, I have one but now that I lost some weight and the bra is a bit too big I'm flopping around and have to wear two again which is less then a pleasant sensation. I am just too cheap to buy a new one!
__________________
I must confess I'm here to kill the pain.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2008, 09:15 AM
onelove's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 9,884
Feedback: (176)
Rae, my sister got a breast reduction because of back pain due to her enormous breasts. They are still really big now but she doesn't have that discomfort anymore. It was also covered through her insurance. Have you thought about this?
__________________
Erica's Blog-Simply Onelove

I miss you JJ.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 AM
PunkySpunkyRae's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,924
Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove View Post
Rae, my sister got a breast reduction because of back pain due to her enormous breasts. They are still really big now but she doesn't have that discomfort anymore. It was also covered through her insurance. Have you thought about this?
Many, many, many times. My mother had the surgery about 10 years ago. Mine would indeed be covered as well. But the stipulation is I must lose weight before the doctor will consider the surgery.* It's to see how much you actually can get off on your own and then what the doctor will have to alter and nip/tuck/suck/discard for you. It's really been a pain in the ass lately. I have terrible back and posture problems.

*(At least any good doctor will do that, I had a friend who had a reduction who didn't try to lose any and the doctor still did the surgery and now she looks terrible, serves her right for trying to take a quick fix.)
__________________
I must confess I'm here to kill the pain.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70