VSwim09 - SJDJ, FH1001, Samurai S710XX - AuthenticForum
 
AuthenticForum
  Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Chat Mark Forums Read  
Register

 
 

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2010, 01:16 PM
VSwim09's Avatar
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 346
Feedback: (0)
VSwim09 - SJDJ, FH1001, Samurai S710XX

So I've had these bad boys for just over a month now and have worn them all but 3 days maybe. There really isn't any strenuous wear going on when I have these on since I am a university student. They have seen on average probably 14-15 hours of a wear every day I would say, Being up at 4:45 and then bed around 10:30/11:00. The day consists of driving around, sitting in class for a long while and lots of walking around the school.

These have become like a second skin to me and are probably one of my most comfortable pairs of jeans if not the most comfortable. The days I didn't wear them it felt pretty strange and I wished I had had them on. The pictures don't show a whole ton of fading going on but you can see minor fading here and there and it is more pronounced up close. There haven't been any washes/soaks yet and I don't plan on soaking them for another month or two. I bought a size 32x34 which I would say is TTS for me and am really happy with the fit. I wear a belt no matter what with my jeans so stretching in the waist is a non-issue. I'm really glad I didn't go with the size 31 as these fit perfect the way they are. As a safety precaution I brought them to a tailor and had the crotch stitching reinforced since it looked like one stitch was coming lose. I didn't have another pad of denim put in it though. Even though I didn't size down I figured it didn't hurt to have it reinforced.

Day 1:



1 Month:


Last edited by VSwim09; 04-08-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Jean4life167's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,909
Feedback: (0)
The jean looks really good. Keep it up!
__________________
Wanted: Rock & Republic (Size 29): Floyd Subversion, Ralph Volatile, Floyd Torpedo, and Floyd Oxycotin.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 PM
bamb00's Avatar
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 157
Feedback: (0)
You can already tell that the jeans are shaped to your body, great job in such a short time!
__________________
Nudie Ola 092408
Nudie Ralf 010110
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,312
Feedback: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean4life167 View Post
The jean looks really good. Keep it up!
This.

And...you are REALLY tall!
__________________
WANTS: BANNED besides Size 23/24 R&R Stellar Green Crowns, TR Lavender Stitch Super T, TR GREEN Rainbows, WR Evening Savoy, Diesel Matic 8B3
CLOSET CLEANOUT! SUPER CHEAP!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 70
Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -flawless- View Post
This.

And...you are REALLY tall!
Agreed. 34 inseam, and barely any stacks? Nice.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2010, 06:21 PM
VSwim09's Avatar
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 346
Feedback: (0)
Now with FH1001 :)

HAHA funny because at 6' I find myself feeling a little on the short side quite often. All my uncles are over 6' and, well, quite a few swimmers are taller than that.

Now, on to denim!

I was so pumped I got these in the mail yesterday, I didn't even want to go to school anymore just wanted to unwrap them and get into them got size 31x36 and they fit great! I ordered these from Giles over at Flat Head - Japanese Denim. He was of great help choosing a size and got them out promptly. A+++ transaction with them. Now how to split my time!!

Here are some presoak pics and measurements (BiG method). I'll post some pics+ measurements post soak too. I'm hoping I get a chance to soak them on Sunday. Unfortunately no natural light at 8:15 so had to use the flash (in hindsight probably could have done without the flash like I did on the patch pic) The post soak pics will be taken outside in natural light. All the pics below are clickable for larger pictures.

Waist (w/ dip): 15.5"
Waist (w/o dip: 16"
Inseam: 38"
Front Rise: 10"
Back Rise: 14"
Thigh: 11"
Knee: 8.5"
Hem: 8 1/4"

Feb 12, 2010





In the 5 minutes I had these on my socks and hands were blue So pumped!!!

Last edited by VSwim09; 02-12-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Jean4life167's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,909
Feedback: (0)
Flat Head rocks!!!!
__________________
Wanted: Rock & Republic (Size 29): Floyd Subversion, Ralph Volatile, Floyd Torpedo, and Floyd Oxycotin.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 70
Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSwim09 View Post
HAHA funny because at 6' I find myself feeling a little on the short side quite often. All my uncles are over 6' and, well, quite a few swimmers are taller than that.

Now, on to denim!

I was so pumped I got these in the mail yesterday, I didn't even want to go to school anymore just wanted to unwrap them and get into them got size 31x36 and they fit great! I ordered these from Giles over at Flat Head - Japanese Denim. He was of great help choosing a size and got them out promptly. A+++ transaction with them. Now how to split my time!!

Here are some presoak pics and measurements (BiG method). I'll post some pics+ measurements post soak too. I'm hoping I get a chance to soak them on Sunday. Unfortunately no natural light at 8:15 so had to use the flash (in hindsight probably could have done without the flash like I did on the patch pic) The post soak pics will be taken outside in natural light. All the pics below are clickable for larger pictures.

Waist (w/ dip): 15.5"
Waist (w/o dip: 16"
Inseam: 38"
Front Rise: 10"
Back Rise: 14"
Thigh: 11"
Knee: 8.5"
Hem: 8 1/4"

Feb 12, 2010





In the 5 minutes I had these on my socks and hands were blue So pumped!!!
Very nice pair right there.

And you must have some long legs, because I'm the same height but I still get stacks with my 30x34s.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,312
Feedback: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSwim09 View Post
HAHA funny because at 6' I find myself feeling a little on the short side quite often. All my uncles are over 6' and, well, quite a few swimmers are taller than that.
Don't say that to someone that's not even 5'8 yet...

Anyways, that is a nice pair.
__________________
WANTS: BANNED besides Size 23/24 R&R Stellar Green Crowns, TR Lavender Stitch Super T, TR GREEN Rainbows, WR Evening Savoy, Diesel Matic 8B3
CLOSET CLEANOUT! SUPER CHEAP!

Last edited by -flawless-; 02-14-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 70
Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -flawless- View Post
Don't say that to someone that's not even 5'8 yet...

Anyways, that is a nice pair.
haha. Between you and me, I'd rather be 5'8" anyways, be easier to find jeans.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,312
Feedback: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
haha. Between you and me, I'd rather be 5'8" anyways, be easier to find jeans.
Not when you are a size 23...
__________________
WANTS: BANNED besides Size 23/24 R&R Stellar Green Crowns, TR Lavender Stitch Super T, TR GREEN Rainbows, WR Evening Savoy, Diesel Matic 8B3
CLOSET CLEANOUT! SUPER CHEAP!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 70
Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by -flawless- View Post
Not when you are a size 23...
Wow, and I thought I was skinny.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
VSwim09's Avatar
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 346
Feedback: (0)
I kind of agree on the difficult to find jeans thing. I can't wear anything but 34" and some pairs I have really liked were only 32. 33.5" I can do but that is iffy because if they shrink, no good.

Anywho here are some pics from soak day

Ghost Denim!! I saw a pair of 21oz N&F do this so I thought I would give it a shot with my Flatheads. I didn't think to do it before soaking so I had turned them inside out already to prep them.


During Soak. I didn't really lose much indigo thanks to turning them inside out I think. There was a slight blue tinge around the edge of the tub after so a little was leeched from the jeans.


Post Soak Fit + Measurements.

I'm super happy with how they shrunk down and fit after the soak. I soaked them in warm water for 2 hours. It started warm and obviously got colder as time went on. Kept the entire jeans submerged for the duration of the soak. I was anticipating a shrink in the inseam to 35" so I was pleasantly surprised to find out they did exactly that after I soaked them.

Measurements:
Waist (w/ Dip): 15"
Waist (w/o Dip):15.5"
Inseam: 35"
Front Rise: 9 1/2-3/4"
Back Rise: 13.5"
Thigh: 11"
Knee: 8"
Hem: 8"

Front:

Back:


The jeans are a little incomplete without a belt so I am shopping for one right now. I'm looking at Tanner belts, Sugar Cane garrison belt and will be making a trip to the local Tack shop to see if they have any belts that catch my eye before ordering off the net. Will be getting a natural color belt that I can break in myself. I saw a dark suede RL belt with a bronze buckle that might be pretty sharp with these too. We shall see what I find tomorrow though. I am really looking forward to breaking these FHs in!!

Last edited by VSwim09; 02-15-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2010, 03:43 AM
Denim Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 88
Feedback: (0)
diggin' the FH fit post-soak
__________________
ithankGODalot

Last edited by brandn3w; 02-16-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2010, 08:38 AM
iirybackii's Avatar
Denim Obsessed
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 598
Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSwim09 View Post
I kind of agree on the difficult to find jeans thing. I can't wear anything but 34" and some pairs I have really liked were only 32. 33.5" I can do but that is iffy because if they shrink, no good.

Anywho here are some pics from soak day

Ghost Denim!! I saw a pair of 21oz N&F do this so I thought I would give it a shot with my Flatheads. I didn't think to do it before soaking so I had turned them inside out already to prep them.


During Soak. I didn't really lose much indigo thanks to turning them inside out I think. There was a slight blue tinge around the edge of the tub after so a little was leeched from the jeans.


Post Soak Fit + Measurements.

I'm super happy with how they shrunk down and fit after the soak. I soaked them in warm water for 2 hours. It started warm and obviously got colder as time went on. Kept the entire jeans submerged for the duration of the soak. I was anticipating a shrink in the inseam to 35" so I was pleasantly surprised to find out they did exactly that after I soaked them.

Measurements:
Waist (w/ Dip): 15"
Waist (w/o Dip):15.5"
Inseam: 35"
Front Rise: 9 1/2-3/4"
Back Rise: 13.5"
Thigh: 11"
Knee: 8"
Hem: 8"

Front:

Back:


The jeans are a little incomplete without a belt so I am shopping for one right now. I'm looking at Tanner belts, Sugar Cane garrison belt and will be making a trip to the local Tack shop to see if they have any belts that catch my eye before ordering off the net. Will be getting a natural color belt that I can break in myself. I saw a dark suede RL belt with a bronze buckle that might be pretty sharp with these too. We shall see what I find tomorrow though. I am really looking forward to breaking these FHs in!!
Mike (treasurehoard) has a nice Flat Head tan leather belt for sale in the men's accessories section that would work. Check it out.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Raoul Duke's Avatar
Denim Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,526
Feedback: (4)
Nice fit!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,312
Feedback: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Wow, and I thought I was skinny.
Well, with womens denims, we have vanity sizings and all that. Also, I think Asians have smaller skeletal structure (imo of course), so I'm that skinny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSwim09 View Post
I kind of agree on the difficult to find jeans thing. I can't wear anything but 34" and some pairs I have really liked were only 32. 33.5" I can do but that is iffy because if they shrink, no good.

Anywho here are some pics from soak day

Ghost Denim!! I saw a pair of 21oz N&F do this so I thought I would give it a shot with my Flatheads. I didn't think to do it before soaking so I had turned them inside out already to prep them.


During Soak. I didn't really lose much indigo thanks to turning them inside out I think. There was a slight blue tinge around the edge of the tub after so a little was leeched from the jeans.


Post Soak Fit + Measurements.

I'm super happy with how they shrunk down and fit after the soak. I soaked them in warm water for 2 hours. It started warm and obviously got colder as time went on. Kept the entire jeans submerged for the duration of the soak. I was anticipating a shrink in the inseam to 35" so I was pleasantly surprised to find out they did exactly that after I soaked them.

Measurements:
Waist (w/ Dip): 15"
Waist (w/o Dip):15.5"
Inseam: 35"
Front Rise: 9 1/2-3/4"
Back Rise: 13.5"
Thigh: 11"
Knee: 8"
Hem: 8"

Front:

Back:


The jeans are a little incomplete without a belt so I am shopping for one right now. I'm looking at Tanner belts, Sugar Cane garrison belt and will be making a trip to the local Tack shop to see if they have any belts that catch my eye before ordering off the net. Will be getting a natural color belt that I can break in myself. I saw a dark suede RL belt with a bronze buckle that might be pretty sharp with these too. We shall see what I find tomorrow though. I am really looking forward to breaking these FHs in!!
Fits you like a glove now!
__________________
WANTS: BANNED besides Size 23/24 R&R Stellar Green Crowns, TR Lavender Stitch Super T, TR GREEN Rainbows, WR Evening Savoy, Diesel Matic 8B3
CLOSET CLEANOUT! SUPER CHEAP!
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Jean4life167's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,909
Feedback: (0)
Love the soak pics! The jean fits you perfect now.
__________________
Wanted: Rock & Republic (Size 29): Floyd Subversion, Ralph Volatile, Floyd Torpedo, and Floyd Oxycotin.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
VSwim09's Avatar
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 346
Feedback: (0)
Aside from being a little tender behind the knee for a day or two these are getting very comfortable. really really glad I went with them. As for the belt, I checked out treasurehoards FH belt and am not a big fan of it. I'm sure it's a solid belt but I have a black BOSS belt with the same style clasp and was looking for a traditional belt buckle (tang?). Went to the local tack shop and was pretty disappointed. Had some okay pieces of leather but the buckles were extremely lacking. The guy had a whole case of tacky(no pun) buckles the size of my fist and larger but only 2 normal square latch/tang buckles. They were both extremely lacking in quality, already scuffed and many imperfections. Probably been sitting around for quite a while. I ended up ordering the SC belt from SE and am pretty happy with that decision. Garrison style buckle is what I had my eye set on so probably wouldn't have been happy with anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sandpoint, ID
Posts: 440
Feedback: (4)
fit is spot on... can't wait to see these after some wear.
love me some FH denim!
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,312
Feedback: (17)
^I can't wait to see them with the belt.
__________________
WANTS: BANNED besides Size 23/24 R&R Stellar Green Crowns, TR Lavender Stitch Super T, TR GREEN Rainbows, WR Evening Savoy, Diesel Matic 8B3
CLOSET CLEANOUT! SUPER CHEAP!
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2010, 11:05 AM
VSwim09's Avatar
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 346
Feedback: (0)
3Sixteen ST-200x

Just got these in the mail today after searching for a pair of black jeans with a slimmer profile. Altogether they fit a tad slimmer from the waist down than my 1001 and lose an inch at the knee and hem I believe. I am very happy with my decision to get these. They won't see too much wear as I was just looking for a pair of jeans that will stay black and get worn once a while and will develop character over a long time. Here's to hoping I don't spill anything prematurely .

Measurements:

Waist (w/o Dip): 15 3/4"
Waist (w/ dip): 15 1/4"
Front Rise:10"
Back Rise: 13 3/4"
Inseam: 36"
Thigh: 10 3/4"
Knee: 7.5"
Hem: 7.5"

Front:


Back:

Last edited by VSwim09; 07-06-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
VSwim09's Avatar
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 346
Feedback: (0)
~2 Months

Alright, so it has been about 2.5 months since I picked these up and they have seen somewhere around 2 months of wear since I have been wearing my nudies on and off and the 3Sixteens 3 times. The FH 1001 is still my hands down favourite of the 3 and love how these fit and feel. Not a lot of hard wear like Mike put his through however I am happy with how they are wearing. Still no belt and I have basically given up on it. They fit and I don't need one to hold them up so unless one magically appears I will not be going out of my way to find one.

Just some general pics for now and I'll grab some close ups tomorrow if the sun decides to show itself and I have the time.



Last edited by VSwim09; 07-06-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 PM
VSwim09's Avatar
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 346
Feedback: (0)
~4 Months

So I am at about 4 months of wear now and thought I Would give an update since they won't see much wear over the next couple months. It's getting too hot and too humid to be wearing 16oz denim for me. even the 12.5oz Slim Jims are pushing it but when I am in the lab it is cool so I can get away with it. The next 2 months will see my Slim Jims being worn and maybe my ST-200x if I can live with the slim jeans in the hot weather. Haven't tested it out yet. I'm going to miss wearing these things and the moment there is a cool enough day they will be coming out.

There is no special wear or hard wearing of these things. Just day to day things. The jeans are so damn comfortable as I have mentioned before. For the winter I will most likely pick up another pair of 16-20oz denim but that isn't for many months.

Enjoy!!











Also wondering if pics are too big for everyone and if I should go back to posting linking thumbnails?

Last edited by VSwim09; 07-06-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2010, 11:36 PM
nonfatmilk's Avatar
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the bay, ca :)
Posts: 475
Feedback: (5)
Picture size is on point! Don't go back to thumbnails. I definitely prefer larger images. Great progress as well on the flatheads! They're looking solid.

Looking forward to your next update :
__________________
hellooo

selling: Diesel Zathan 70z 27x34
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70