What strength retin a gel? - AuthenticForum
 
AuthenticForum
  Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Chat Mark Forums Read  
Register

 
 
AF Beauty & Hair Have tips? Discuss the best in make up, skin care & hair products.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 169
Feedback: (1)
What strength retin a gel?

I was curious what strength of Retin A gel should I use? I am switching from Retin A micro to the gel..
THANKS
__________________
FOR SALE:WR Hematite Jerri's & R&R Pink Madrid Crowns 27. CHEAP
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2010, 12:21 PM
justchar's Avatar
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,725
Feedback: (29)
I use the .01% which IMO is less irritating than the Micro. I think I could use the .025% without a problem.
__________________
The spirit of the Dojo!

Erato's Closet
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 169
Feedback: (1)
I'm getting the .025% tonight... I hope it works....
__________________
FOR SALE:WR Hematite Jerri's & R&R Pink Madrid Crowns 27. CHEAP
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010, 12:09 PM
justchar's Avatar
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,725
Feedback: (29)
Have you used it before...Retin-A?
__________________
The spirit of the Dojo!

Erato's Closet
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 169
Feedback: (1)
Yea, the Retin A Micro?
__________________
FOR SALE:WR Hematite Jerri's & R&R Pink Madrid Crowns 27. CHEAP
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2010, 11:12 PM
justchar's Avatar
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,725
Feedback: (29)
I like the regular more...I peel a lot less.
__________________
The spirit of the Dojo!

Erato's Closet
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Denim Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 169
Feedback: (1)
I've noticed that! Chunks of my skin isn't coming off every morning. Actually one part of my face has an allergic rash/burn something but I'm not sure what it's from. It almost looks like eczema (which I've had before, but not this is taking forever to go away). I haven't been putting the retin A over it.
I'm hoping it clears up soon. The rest of my skin has had small break outs that have cleared up in like a day.
__________________
FOR SALE:WR Hematite Jerri's & R&R Pink Madrid Crowns 27. CHEAP
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
nicole44's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 4,466
Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justchar View Post
I like the regular more...I peel a lot less.
Me too. I was using the Micro but it was just too much. I have been using on a long term basis so that is an issue with me. I switched to the cream in the blue tube.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 PM
nicole44's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 4,466
Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
I've noticed that! Chunks of my skin isn't coming off every morning. Actually one part of my face has an allergic rash/burn something but I'm not sure what it's from. It almost looks like eczema (which I've had before, but not this is taking forever to go away). I haven't been putting the retin A over it.
I'm hoping it clears up soon. The rest of my skin has had small break outs that have cleared up in like a day.
Whatever you do, don't get your eyebrows waxed. Threading would be better if you can find someone that can do it and still leave you a nice shape. I can't find anyone good enough so I still go to my regular eyebrow lady, but she has to use the old, hard wax now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-20-2010, 10:35 AM
justchar's Avatar
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,725
Feedback: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole44 View Post
Me too. I was using the Micro but it was just too much. I have been using on a long term basis so that is an issue with me. I switched to the cream in the blue tube.
Thought I would bump this then start a new thread.

I just switched from the .01% gel to the .05% cream and started peeling again. I hope it is just an adjustment to the higher strength and it goes away. I moved up in strength because I had some stubborn clogged pores that just would NOT go away. I've heard the cream was clogging but I hope that isn't the case.
__________________
The spirit of the Dojo!

Erato's Closet
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-20-2010, 02:01 PM
FriskyL's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10,278
Feedback: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justchar View Post
Thought I would bump this then start a new thread.

I just switched from the .01% gel to the .05% cream and started peeling again. I hope it is just an adjustment to the higher strength and it goes away. I moved up in strength because I had some stubborn clogged pores that just would NOT go away. I've heard the cream was clogging but I hope that isn't the case.
In my experience the cream makes the clogs worse. I find the only thing to help with clogs is to consistantly use BHA.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-20-2010, 07:18 PM
justchar's Avatar
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,725
Feedback: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyL View Post
In my experience the cream makes the clogs worse. I find the only thing to help with clogs is to consistantly use BHA.
Ugh I'm going to try it for a bit and see what happens. I don't know if my skin could handle a BHA alongside the Retin-A as it is so dry already.
__________________
The spirit of the Dojo!

Erato's Closet
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2010, 12:55 PM
cat's Avatar
cat cat is offline
Denim God
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SW FL
Posts: 10,267
Feedback: (148)
are you sure they're normal clogged pores and not just sebaceous filaments? i tend to look too closely at my skin, which gets me into trouble because i end up doing extractions and then my skin gets irritated and ends up looking worse. i tried everything and eventually went to the derm who told me that what i keep picking at/extracting are actually sebaceous filaments, not clogged pores or blackheads. they will not go away. if you extract them, they come back. everyone has them, and they're more noticeable if you have larger pores.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2010, 01:02 PM
agalarowicz's Avatar
Jean Junkie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,053
Feedback: (36)
^i do that too. the retin a cream works fine for me as far as i can tell
__________________
~Amber~
Easy Petite Looks

Last edited by agalarowicz; 10-21-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 PM
justchar's Avatar
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,725
Feedback: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
are you sure they're normal clogged pores and not just sebaceous filaments? i tend to look too closely at my skin, which gets me into trouble because i end up doing extractions and then my skin gets irritated and ends up looking worse. i tried everything and eventually went to the derm who told me that what i keep picking at/extracting are actually sebaceous filaments, not clogged pores or blackheads. they will not go away. if you extract them, they come back. everyone has them, and they're more noticeable if you have larger pores.
They might be, they never go away and look like clogged pores. So, I should just leave them alone? When I do extract them they are clear for a few days and then start coming back...I just hate the way they look
__________________
The spirit of the Dojo!

Erato's Closet

Last edited by justchar; 10-21-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:54 PM
cat's Avatar
cat cat is offline
Denim God
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SW FL
Posts: 10,267
Feedback: (148)
in my t-zone area (specifically my nose and on my chin, under my buttom lip), i have some pores that are slightly darker than the rest of my skin. i thought they were blackheads, but my derm told me that they aren't. i extract them sometimes, but they always come back. she told me that they're sebaceous filaments (never heard of them before my derm mentioned them).

i have some tiny flat-ish fleshed-colored bumps that are what i'd consider clogged pores though. they don't actually become pimples unless i pick at them, which is why my derm told me to leave them alone. my skin always looks better if i don't examine it a couple inches away from a mirror. who looks that closely at our faces anyway? lol from a normal distance, my skin looks nearly flawless. *shrug*
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2010, 08:58 PM
renza183's Avatar
Denim God
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,933
Feedback: (70)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
i have some tiny flat-ish fleshed-colored bumps that are what i'd consider clogged pores though. they don't actually become pimples unless i pick at them, which is why my derm told me to leave them alone. my skin always looks better if i don't examine it a couple inches away from a mirror. who looks that closely at our faces anyway? lol from a normal distance, my skin looks nearly flawless. *shrug*
I have a couple of these too, and they drive me crazy! A dermatologist had extracted them before (it was really gross) and prescribed me tazorac or retin-a (I've used both in the past, can't remember which one that time) but they came back, and a new dermatologist said that there is no point in extracting because they will almost always come back.
__________________
Help me find: Paige (any style) Mimi 28! TR Billy or Joey Gunmetal 28, Billy Rebel 28/29 7FAM DBG Lexie Dojo, TAH Kate 28/29
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2010, 12:20 AM
justchar's Avatar
Denim Goddess
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,725
Feedback: (29)
You are right when looking in the magnifying glass my skin looks pretty good

I'll try to accept my skin for what it is.
__________________
The spirit of the Dojo!

Erato's Closet
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70