Authentic Jeans Forums banner

Bought fake UGGs via GROUPON Australia, how is it possible? NEW INFO ADDED

38K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  greggy 
#1 ·
Hello! We purchased UGGs via promotion on Groupon Australia. The actual website is Ozzie UGG Boots. It took them ages to arrive.. it has been just over 1.5months now when they arrived today. From Germany actually. No box. The moment I took a package in my hands I knew that it was way too light. When I opened it I couldn't believe it.. there was not even a real sheepskin :cry:cry:madbeating:madbeating I am going to call Groupon first, followed by Paypal in a few hours (Im in Europe). f...f....and f.... Who would have thought that Groupon would be assosiated with that.. or I'm missing something here.. How is that possible? :explode:explode:explode

#6 ·
I have never had UGGs before.. but I knew it before opening that plastic bag.. Is there any advice of what to do first? I intend to contact Groupon, then Paypal, then that guy from the web-site who I called many times as they *were having troubles with determining the validity of my voucher code*, I even called Groupon actually before but could never get through.. How am I going to get through now? I am planning to call from Skype.. I don't know.. :shake

#9 ·
well, there WAS an online place called ozziesshoes.com..and they did sell authentic Ugg..they were on the official Ugg site as an authorized retailer. (out of business now i think)
anyway..it's typical/predictable that there would be a site with a similar name selling fakes.
this is all IMO. i'm taking a guess...
but those are hella fake if you ask me.
personally i would call my credit card company and do a charge-back.

#17 ·
How much is it ?

How much is it ? I often bought online , and we can not touch it when we order, however, the price will be a good way to judge the qulity, and you can also contact their live help to confirm some information about the product. According to their answers , you can learn more hiden information about it . If you want to know more about online shopping . Contact me. It will be a pleasure to share my experience with others .

#20 ·
I have been doing research since and found more info. Also those who is interested in buying UGG Australia boots online check the following link: Warning Fake Ugg Boots!!!! - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums, I have received a reply from Groupon Australia today as well which was as I already expected it to be :eek:

As Michael has noted above, "Ugg" has become a style of the boot rather than only a brand.. well... you understand what I mean:blink Many people know the fact that UGGs were produced in Australia. Apparently, there is a high demand on both authentic UGG Australia boots and UGG-looking boots. There are loads of different reasons to it one of which is the price, of course. There are loads of companies who claim that they make their boots from real sheepskin, that they are actually manufactured in Australia, that they are authentic Australian made UGG boots. So that is what I got. They are not UGG Australia boots (what I wanted.. ) but apparently they are all what I have just written in the previous sentence. On Groupon sale they were 99AUD + shipping/around 100Euro for 1 pair of boots (we actually got 2 pairs: for my mum also :jumping). That is why the back label is different, the outsoles are different..

Also, I went to one Swedish shop and checked: they are at least real sheepskin (smell and feel absolutely the same as known here SHEPHERD brand). It was evening when I opened the package and as I saw they are not UGG Australia boots everything looked fake about them to me. I was waiting for UGG Australia boots. On the web-site it says they do accept return minus postage costs and minus 15%. Also, check their photos.. nowhere you can see any back label picking out.. All they say is their boots are made in Australia, they are Ozzie Australian UGGs from real sheepskin et cetera.. I can only imagine how many people bought from them thinking of UGG Australia brand. And especially via Groupon.. Well, I wouldn't pay as much for these boots if I knew. I am sure I'd find brand new 100% sheepskin look-a-likes on ebay for much cheaper. My mum loves hers though :woohoo On another note, I am glad they are NOT fake fakes :devil SHEPHERD ones cost 110Euro in Sweden. Well..

^^Thank you guys for your replies :)

#22 · (Edited)
^ Thank you Nola! There is not much that I can do at this point..1.5months have passed now to claim anything from Paypal and if I even will return them, I will be worried if I will ever get anything back at all. And have to pay return shipping too, of course..Once I returned faulty Clarks sheepskin boots to eBay seller who I bought from loads of times (Paypal timeframe was long gone). But upon the time the boots reached her ( tracked delivery), I noticed that she ciezed her eBay business and never replied to me again or refund me. So then I lost £40+ £10 + £23(return shipping).. Paypal didn't do anything. I don't want it to happen again. I'd rather resell them here as they are describing where I got them and etc. And will get a pair of Shepherds or something.. Shite.. Honestly... Classic short UGGs cost here 220Euros! On the Ozzie UGG boots website they sell their creations for 190-200AUD.. We got them for half price..

#25 ·
Ugg is a TRADEMARKED NAME. It is not a style. That's like saying that any brand of tissues can print Kleenex on their box because it's a generic name for tissue. It's not. It's still an infringing/counterfeit product no matter how you slice it.

#26 ·
^ :D Btw, where I'm from we call ALL copy machines *xerox* (I'm sure it's in the dictionary), and we call a sticky tape -*scotch* :thumbsup no joking..

Not protecting/justifying the web-site or myself, I'm out of pocket for 270AUD after all (for 2 pairs), but the UGG as a brand has given loads of ideas to both *shady* designers and reknown brands to produce similar boots of that *ugg* style.. Loads of people are referring to them as *uggs* nowadays, even if it's incorrect they still do. By the way, how else would you call these things which are not UGGs, but produced by EMU, Shepherd and etc.? sheepskin boots? I'd think of Clark's Curling boots or Canada Snow boots :) I don't know.. I normally say *like UGGs*

#27 ·
i don't know.. FUGGS? :p :dontlaugh
they don't usually say UGG on them unless they are pretending to be UGGS (tm) :eek:
i don't have a name for that type of boot.. i just call them boots. any shoe with a shalft that goes past the ankle is a boot to me. there are exceptions of course, like gladiator sandals and stuff, lol.

i definitely do not call lookalike pairs Uggs.

again.. i'm genuinely sorry this happened.

#28 ·
Unfortunately, that is not correct. Ugg is only a trademark outside Australia and NZ. Within Australia, Ugg is (and always has been) a STYLE of shoe. The style has been around Oz for decades, maybe even back to pilots in the Second World War. In the 1970s, an Aussie surfer living in the US trademarked the name UGG there. This is what you know of as UGG - an American company. This company grew and grew, and managed to trademark the name UGG in most jurisdictions of the world. However, when this company tried to do the same here in Australia, the judges laughed and threw the matter out of court, as Ugg is (and always has been) a style of shoe. So floating around Australia are dozens (if not hundreds) of brands all claiming to be authentic Uggs. And guess what? They are right. There is no such thing as the Ugg trademark here in Australia, just a style. Unfortunately, the American Ugg company has cunningly marketed themselves as the real, authentic, and original Ugg shoe, and have convinced the world that all others are fakes. Wrong, wrong, and wrong. The only fake Uggs are those actually copying the branding and logos of the american company UGG (ie ebay counterfeits). All other uggs are authentic and genuine. Ugg was a style long before it was a brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.