Authentic Jeans Forums banner

What was your last great read?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  amyrck 
#1 ·
What was the last great book that you read?

Since I started the thread, I'll go first.

Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. Before that, Roald Dahl's The Fantastic Mr. Fox (don't judge me). :p

#4 ·
Ah, a Bronte sister. Have you read Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre? I :love Jane Eyre.

Smith's I Capture the Castle seems vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure if I have read it. I'm pretty sure I would have remembered it if I had.

I love Roald Dahl books.. . and I am thoroughly enjoying the Harry Potter series at the moment. I love children's / youth books. :D
I thoroughly enjoyed Harry Potter. Speaking of children's books, ever heard of Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events? It is rather macabre, and sometimes while reading it, I thought, "this is a children's book?" :eek:

#5 ·
well recently, like in the last couple of months but not years...

the bourne identity(much different from the movie but very good imo; reading the trilogy in between other books)

try by lily burana (about set in the rodeo; i love books that are set in cultures that are super unfamiliar to me)

i am going to be reading deathly hollows soon(again) in preparation for the movie release. to be honest, i did not entirely "get it" the first time around:confused:

idk what my fav is between wuthering and jane eyre but i just saw a great film adaptation of the latter. i pretty much see all the film adaptations of pride and prejudice and jane eyre. does anyone want to suggest one for wuthering heights? btw, has anyone read villette? i think it's by charlotte.

#6 ·
^^ Peregrina I love Jane Eyre! It holds a very special place in my heart. :love

^ As far as film adaptations of Wuthering Heights go, I just saw one that was made about three years ago or so, with Tom Hardy as Heathcliff for BBC television. This version takes some liberties (as most do), but is overall very true to the spirit of the book. The actors playing Heathcliff and Cathy have AMAZING chemistry. You can stream it or rent it from Netflix.

I really must go to bed. .. :magwink

I forgot about this thread... .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.