Authentic Jeans Forums banner

Hemming Juicy velour bottoms?

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  ebayshopper77 
#1 ·
I need to hem some of my velour Juicy bottoms I have.
Have any of you done them yourselves? If so, can you share how you did them?

I called some of the tailors around here and they said they will just cut them off and sew them straight and they won't be like the originals. :(
I really want them to look like the originals.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :)

#3 ·
i've never hemmed them :( sorry

but i don't know how you can attach an orig. hem because of the material they are ... the only thing i can think of is if they can replicate the old hem ... but not acutally attach the old hem back on.

#4 · (Edited)
LOL. :rofl That was not what I meant. It would look funny if I did. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I did not mean to put the original back on but to have them hemmed with the same stitching method.

I have to cut off about an inch since I want to wear them with flats and not sweep the floor with them. I see so many people who wear them too long and have dirty, tattered hems. :shake I just don't want to look like them.

I was trying to do them myself but none of the stitching on my sewing machine looked like the original stitching. :(

#5 ·
I've had several pairs hemmed by my local tailor. It is quite difficult to replicate the original hem if he/she doesn't have the double- threaded needle and sometimes the hem is not straight as the fabric is the way it is. I didn't mind so much cuz no one's going to examine your hem while you wear the pants cuz it's hard to see, especially if the thread is dark. You definitely need to find a competent tailor, mine isn't so much. :(

HTH!

#6 ·
oh duh sorry i think i was only half reading :)

you need to find somebody with that stitch on their machine ... i know that most typical sewing machines don't have them.... but i think the singer 30 stitch machine does....

otherwise you could do a zig zag?? .. i know it's not the same thing though....

#7 ·
^ Maybe I need to buy a new machine...

I don't really trust the tailors since I did a better job at hemming my R&R jeans than they did. They just don't put enough care into them. :(
I don't think I'll trust them with my Juicy velours since it is stretchy and a little more tricky to hem them than jeans.

Has anyone tried hemming at the Juicy boutiques? If they even send them out to do them at all.

#8 ·
There are some other threads about hemming Juicy...I think most people do it themselves.
I would try to look for a tailor who can do that type of stitch. I don't know where you live, but I would imagine that hem job would be easy to do as long as you can find a tailor with a double threaded machine. A place that does wedding dresses, etc. should be able to do that stitching. I thought that type of stitching was quite common on a lot of garments.

#12 ·
I've had great luck with alterations at Nordstrom for hemming my Juicy velour and terry pants. They look exactly as if they were not hemmed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.